Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Michelin PS4s put on with updated T2 rating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Michelin released an updated version of our PS4 tires named version T2.. I bought a set from Tsportline.. they were the only ones that carried it... I didnt think it would be a big difference but they ride so much quieter, less vibration/humming and are in general much more pleasant. Im Very happy with the outcome. My brother also has a Plaid brand new with T1 tires and there is a noticeable difference.

You can see the version you have on your sidewall 99% of you will have T1..even the dealers are still stocking and installing T1s.. so you will have to look for the T2 on a an aftermarket site like mentioned above..

The abbreviation Michelin uses T1 / T2 is a Tesla specific tire.. The same tire "PS4" can be sold as a generic version or manufacter specific.. On Tirerack you can sometimes see the manufacter name on the listing. The compounds, sidewalls etc are all a little different.. I stuck with a Tesla version because this car is so heavy, high speeds are met, and high tire pressures are required and they designed it to match all of that.

If anyone is getting ready for a new set, try out the new T2 version.. Youll be quite happy

Tirerack shows them and stated that I could not use them because I had T1 and they were not interchangeable. Not true.

Tesla confirmed with me a few weeks ago that the T2 are interchangeable and the difference is that the T2 has the the bluetooth chip so you can get pertinent info on the tires while at the track.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Tirerack shows them and stated that I could not use them because I had T1 and they were not interchangeable. Not true.

Tesla confirmed with me a few weeks ago that the T2 are interchangeable and the difference is that the T2 has the the bluetooth chip so you can get pertinent info on the tires while at the track.

Bluetooth chip in a tire?

Go on....

Bluetooth chip in a tire?

Go on....

It is really unclear what the BT will do exactly. I have been told it is for track connect (monitor tire performance, temp, etc.). Tirerack is unclear but it states in the decription but makes it seem like it connects to the car as part of the ARNR system (which is less likely). T2 on tirerack

The T2 are more expensive. I will try them whnen the current T1's are done.

Reactions: Evee and oktane

Attachments

• 69FA7E00-2EE2-4863-877A-F6373A2961A6.jpeg
    69FA7E00-2EE2-4863-877A-F6373A2961A6.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 851
Pretty sure there's no BT in the tire itself in our cars. Can't see the purpose for us.
If the Tesla spec T2 tire is including BT, there are plenty of use cases they can enable. Tire temp, pressure, etc are useful in general and particularly for track mode. Tire pressure alone means this could be a path to eliminating tire pressure sensors going forward. Pirelli is explicit about using the technology in conjunction with active noise reduction systems. I know ANR has been terrible on your car, maybe this is the path to making it better.

If the Tesla spec T2 tire is including BT, there are plenty of use cases they can enable. Tire temp, pressure, etc are useful in general and particularly for track mode. Tire pressure alone means this could be a path to eliminating tire pressure sensors going forward. Pirelli is explicit about using the technology in conjunction with active noise reduction systems. I know ANR has been terrible on your car, maybe this is the path to making it better.
Seems like a waste of money to put BT in a tire. You replace a tire many times over the life of a vehicle...

I meant Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.. I didnt see any evidence of a bluetooth chip in these tires.. I do believe that may be for the CUP 2 tires..

Also they are 100% interchangable and considered the newest version as some people above are stating they do have T2 already from the factory..

Just make sure when you order, you get the correct Stock Numbers.. Tire Rack doesnt list the number, but you may be able to confirm with them over the phone. Currently I only see the Fronts being offered on TireRack, no T2 rears yet. I have to give a shout out again to TSportline, I got front and rears from them within 2 days..

For the 21's

Front Stock Number 28897
265/35 21 T2

Rear Stock Number 60239
295/30 21 T2

I dont think these are out for the 19's yet but I may be mistaken..