Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Michelin PS4s put on with updated T2 rating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D14919C1-98DA-4EB2-8BC7-1F7D07674B7F.jpeg

Based on the sensor images Michelin has shared. The module is rather small and looks to be cast into the actual carcass of the tire. Pirelli touches on the engineering challenge of making a module that could withstand over 3500 G’s of shock but doesn’t explain specifics. Either way I’m sure it’s the same vendor supplying the underlying tech/module. They are German based on the markings.

Tesla has already transitioned to BLE tpms so it’s likely just software that needs to be updated. They don’t need to capture/use all the information provided and can just use tire pressure at first.

The transition to using the other information is just a matter of time, but this is Tesla. They both do things faster than anyone else, and also seem to never to get to some things.

The T2 tires DO have the bluetooth module. I just patched a hole in my tire and saw the BT device.. It is cast along the center of the inner tire.. There is also foam. I thought in my previous post that it didnt have them, but I stand corrected. There is a QR code on the back you can scan I guess.. Too late for me to do all 4, but yes these tires have that tech..

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
The T2 tires DO have the bluetooth module. I just patched a hole in my tire and saw the BT device.. It is cast along the center of the inner tire.. There is also foam. I thought in my previous post that it didnt have them, but I stand corrected. There is a QR code on the back you can scan I guess.. Too late for me to do all 4, but yes these tires have that tech..
Very interesting. Shame we’re not likely to get any use out of them.

Just in case any of us "Legacy" S folks are lurking around this thread, this appears to only be relevant to the 2022+, not for us oldies.

OP talked about these being significantly quieter - I'm curious if that's true, or just so much quieter than the worn out old tires.

Reactions: Trunk Gap
Just in case any of us "Legacy" S folks are lurking around this thread, this appears to only be relevant to the 2022+, not for us oldies.

OP talked about these being significantly quieter - I'm curious if that's true, or just so much quieter than the worn out old tires.
Naaaaa. I’ve had both types of tires, and was in fact driving a 2021 all weekend before back to my 2022 with the T2 and there’s no difference that I saw.