TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Mobile App Supercharger nag message

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by ChrisJ, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this. I couldn't find one dedicated to the "mobile app".

I just got a new alert from the Tesla mobile app that I've not seen before. I usually get 3 messages on my phone will Supercharging:

1. Started Charging
    2. Almost Done
    3. Completed/Done.

Now there's a 4th, "Please move your vehicle so others can charge" that came in 5 minutes after charging completed. And it repeated 10-15 minutes later.

The irony of it is that my car is parked at the San Rafael Service Center and they're the one's supercharging it. LOL

In my opinion, this is a good addition but not sure how effective it will be.

new-mobile-alter.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
  2. Lump

Lump Active Member

Finally, they should add an automated phone calls for those that don't have a smartphones & consider further consequences for repeat abusers.

• Like x 2
  3. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

Notifications that nag you about a situation outside your control are annoying. But it could be worse: I wonder if they'll figure out that little wrinkle before they go live with supercharger charging and idle credits?

• Like x 1
  4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

The new post-charge 5 minute nag message showed up about a month ago (search Tesla Motors | for the post).

Glad to see it for the busier SCs at least. Wonder if it's geofenced for the busiest 5% of the network or if it's for all sites.

It's a good start. Wouldn't mind an in-screen reminder prior to charging and an addition to the "charging started at..." pushed alert that woild also advise people to return to their car a few minutes before the charge is done.

Building optimal habits takes time and is a lot easier if you don't have to unlearn a bunch of people's bad habits from afar as well.

If prepaid charging does become a reality for the Model 3, then according to the commented scripting (lol, btw) found ytdy there will be idle fees for the tardy. The tardy Model 3 owners who opted for prepaid charging, that is.

5. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

This is good. It would be trivial to look up the current status of the SpC and determine whether to send out a notification.

For instance, if current users > 50% of capacity, send out message.

6. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Two things.

First, I've been a proponent of changing this messaging forever. Costs nothing and has at least some potential benefit.

Second, @ChrisJ, they must have plugged my X in right after they unplugged your car, because I got the charging started notification not long afterwards. :)

• Funny x 1
  7. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

I second this. I'm not much for checking my smartphone every time I hear some notification sound. A phone ringing on the other hand I will answer to.

8. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Great addition!

9. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

I would suggest some Rick-rolling, over and over and over again...

Great, now it's playing in my head...

• Funny x 1
  10. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

"Never going to give you up.." seems like the thing that the Supercharger hoggers would be singing while holding onto the cable and placing around furiously.

• Funny x 1