Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"new" model 3 - April build - but old springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious about something. Does anyone know approximately at what VIN number they changed the springs?

I recently took delivery (3 weeks ago) of a "new" April build model 3, however, it is VIN 15,11x, which is really low from what I understand. Every thing seems ok with the car - none of the usual issues. However, the ride seems perhaps a little stiff to me, so I was wondering if that is something I should bring up with tesla service before my 30 days are up.

I'm curious about something. Does anyone know approximately at what VIN number they changed the springs?

I recently took delivery (3 weeks ago) of a "new" April build model 3, however, it is VIN 15,11x, which is really low from what I understand. Every thing seems ok with the car - none of the usual issues. However, the ride seems perhaps a little stiff to me, so I was wondering if that is something I should bring up with tesla service before my 30 days are up.

My understanding was the old springs were just for pre-December builds, but there may have been additional revs afterwards.

My car front driver side spring went from a 1044379-03-C to a 1044379-03-E after getting the update. So you could check your spring and see if it is Rev E and then you know you have the "softer" ones.

BTW, "really low" VIN is all relative. My VIN is less than 2000. :D

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
I was able to see this inside the front wheel well, at the top above the wheel - I couldn't really read it from outside, but stuck my phone in and snapped a picture -
IMG_6193.JPG