Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered and recieved Model 3 Weathertech mats. I opened them up and tried to install BUT they didnt fit. Called WeatherTech and they said it is a “universal” mat and will have to be cut to fit???? I would have had to cut almost a 1/3 on the back seat mats and the driver mat would have had to be butchered to fit. Needless to say I just took them to FedEx for return and then ordered Tesla winter mats.

• Informative
Reactions: jsanford
Yes, if you order a "universal" mat they are cut-to-fit.

I love the 3D Maxpider kagu mats, and as of now and probably not for some time, they don't have a custom cargo mat available for the Model 3. They do make a 3D Maxpider "universal cargo liner", mine just arrived yesterday, so I'll be using that for my cargo area. Don't mind cutting it down for back there to have coverage in the meantime.

If anyone is looking for a cargo liner and doesn't mind the cut-to-fit, here's the one I ordered from Part Catalog. Car's at Tesla for due bill or would cut and show installed.

IMG_8958.JPG

Last edited:
My Tesla floor mats arrived today!

They have a combo of rubber spikes and several velcro 2" circular areas on the background to keep them in place, works really well, they're extremely solid.

They're not overly thick like a lot of aftermarket solutions. The rubber is extremely pliable and doesn't need any time to "relax" into the correct shape after being taken out of the box.

Ultimately I'm happy to have a well fitting solution that look good and are much easier to clean, I don't understand why these aren't the stock floor mats.

Here's the installation manual, which i of course followed to the letter:

IMG_5937.JPG

Reactions: BobAbooey
For anyone who routinely has 3 passenger in the back seat, not sure how Telsa in designing the rear mat thought that person's wet or snowy shoes/boots wouldn't extend beyond the short middle portion, interlocking pieces or not. Also could see having a humped seam in the middle there could be annoying for the middle passenger on a long ride.

Reactions: NeverFollow
Wow. I’m surprised that their made by Weathertech. Floor mats instead of Floorliners. I’m guessing TESLA made a price-point decision here on the 3’s mats especially with the base Model 3 coming soon. The 3’s mats are $145 usd ($190 cdn) compared to the S’s Floorliners at $245 usd ($328 cdn).
That said I personally don’t consider the new 3’s mats to be all-weather, at least not in Canada. Weathertech has the Floorliners coming for the 3 but in the meantime I ordered Maxpiders.