Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Key Fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, are you saying that it won't work with UK-spec cars?
I think it doesn’t comply with U.K. regulations. I had a MG TF and fobs from Canada (and elsewhere) didn’t work in the U.K. and vice versa can’t remember the exact figures but 1 version was 433Hz and the other was 3xxHz. I think it’s a compliance issue since the frequencies used by the US could be used here for different purposes.

see down the page on this link 433 and 315. The latter was Japan and Australia (possibly elsewhere too).Pektron SCU Faults & Information

My company has an office in the US and there are colleagues (and sometime me) going back and forth quite often. Does anyone know if I order a fob in the US whether it'll work here? What needs to be done to link the fob with the car?
You link it yourself in the car. Just like you would a phone or key card. I feel like it will work in the UK also. But I’m not sure.

Is Bluetooth also susceptible to relay signal hacking?

I don't know, however, I believe that Tesla can use triangulation on the 'key' so can detect if it is inside the car or not. I would imagine that, if Tesla acted on the position of the 'key', it could make a relay attack more tricky as the key being spoofed will be outside the vehicle. Just supposition mind you.