Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New model 3 LR, grinding sound during turns, SC says ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a similar issue (rubbing/grinding noise when turning at low speeds) since taking delivery a month ago, and I've made a service appointment. Service quoted me a $150 estimate to repair, assuming it's not covered under warranty. Hopefully it goes away before my service appointment, because I don't want to deal with the hassle of arguing with them about whether it's "within spec" or an actual warranty issue that must be repaired

I've had a similar issue (rubbing/grinding noise when turning at low speeds) since taking delivery a month ago, and I've made a service appointment. Service quoted me a $150 estimate to repair, assuming it's not covered under warranty. Hopefully it goes away before my service appointment, because I don't want to deal with the hassle of arguing with them about whether it's "within spec" or an actual warranty issue that must be repaired
They’re only quoting that because it’s a “noise” complaint. If something is actually wrong they won’t charge you.

Fwiw I’ve had three teslas. Teslas are silent. Beyond that it’s not normal. Not ever.