Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 [matrix] Headlights - adjust for LHD countries?

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
I got to see the codes on my car recently at a SC. It is safe to say that there is a lot more on there than you would think, i.e. stuff that is standard on every Model 3 but is configured anyway.

I vaguely recall someone on here saying that they had a new rear windscreen fitted and for some reason had to get the heater element coded back on?

I have a heated steering wheel in my MY20 car - everything works, except the heating. 😆 The SC tech showed me on the tablet where it said that it was present but disabled on my car. No way for him to change it either :(

Papikis

Oct 16, 2021
United Kingdom
Any update on this? Did anyone try out? I am receiving my LR M3 in December and want to go to Denmark and was wondering if the new headlights need any deflectors or adjustment

MrT3

Jun 26, 2021
UK
Any update on this? Did anyone try out? I am receiving my LR M3 in December and want to go to Denmark and was wondering if the new headlights need any deflectors or adjustment
there is an Rsymons video where he tested a Model Y that was brought over from Germany - the headlight pattern didn't automatically change over from a right hand side pickup to a left hand side pickup so I'd say you will want to install deflectors (unless you speak to Tesla and they are able to make a change for you over the air).

drewpost

Aug 12, 2017
Surrey, United Kingdom
They definitely have way more bias for the side of the road we drive in. See this shot. You can see the drop off on the right and the left raised higher. This was immediately after a calibration by Tesla. Interestingly enough the correction on the invoice implies that it’s a standard “European” headlight setting

1634401562323.png
1634401430436.jpeg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC