Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 [matrix] Headlights - adjust for LHD countries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I probably didn't make myself clear. There's a well known dealer who floods youtube with videos and pronounce findings based on very little and when the light units changed he did one y pointing the lights at a wall and decided the lights were meant to shine up and light the footpath. My point was I'm not sure if that's by design or a quirk of a single car. You can adjust the headlights individually on some cars from the dash. Either way, the manual does specifically say no (user) adjustment necessary when driving on the continent.
There is a definite flick up on the RHD UK 2021+ vehicles. Not just Rsymons’ M3, the two I’ve owned are the same and many people mention the same thing. You can adjust the height of each lamp but that doesn’t alter the pattern.

There is a definite flick up on the RHD UK 2021+ vehicles. Not just Rsymons’ M3, the two I’ve owned are the same and many people mention the same thing. You can adjust the height of each lamp but that doesn’t alter the pattern.

Yep it’s pretty obvious when driving. Looks like a shallow triangle so you get more coverage in the left side of the road. Good for single lanes preventing glare for cars ahead of you while lighting the pavement

Not so good if you’re in the right hand lane if a two lane road - any car ahead of you on the inside gets a bit more light through their back window. Noticed when I had a Tesla coming up behind me

Light pattern looks like

Reactions: Obie
Thank you all for your replies.

From the above what I get is that when my new Model Y turns up it will most probably have a rise on the left side which will light up the pavement/hedge/etc on the nearside while being flat across the rest of the beam. This is what all cars were like not so long ago!

However, we also have the situation where the California centric nature of Tesla is shown in that they have probably not considered places where RHD vehicles will be driving in LHD countries, because, well, why would they.

As Tesla becomes more multinational hopefully they will have a wider understanding of the world in which they deliver cars.

Thank you all for your replies.

From the above what I get is that when my new Model Y turns up it will most probably have a rise on the left side which will light up the pavement/hedge/etc on the nearside while being flat across the rest of the beam. This is what all cars were like not so long ago!

However, we also have the situation where the California centric nature of Tesla is shown in that they have probably not considered places where RHD vehicles will be driving in LHD countries, because, well, why would they.

As Tesla becomes more multinational hopefully they will have a wider understanding of the world in which they deliver cars.
Not quite, Tesla do recognise RHD v LHD

This is a link to the Model Y manual, then scroll down a few paragraphs to "Headlight Adjustments"