Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New model 3 mods!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20190710_182309.jpg
Chrome delete 90% done. Need to tackle the mirrors next!

Last edited:
Reactions: nanimac
There's a thread here Shadowcraft USA (i.e. Chicago Composites) for carbon fiber?
about a vendor who sells carbon fiber interior. I waited over 3 months and got my money back, so now looking at Chinese sources for carbon fiber. I already got a front spoiler. Ordered a complete dash, not a cap, and steering wheel from different sellers. Still trying to get seat backs. If I could get the 3d data CAD info for various parts, the Chinese company that made my front spoiler would make it. I wish there were a local vendor or even a state side vendor that manufactured carbonfiber for the Teslas. Everything is pretty much out of China that I could find.

Please explain more. It that the OEM wheel with a white cushion addition? What exactly was the mod as I like the added white look. Link? What’s needed to do this mod?
I removed the OEM steering wheel and replaced it with this. Found it on ebay, they make it to order. TESLA MODEL 3 CARBON STEERING WHEEL REAL carbon fiber White ring leather | eBay
There are many options for these, including rpmtesla.com, etc.........I jacked up my steering column trying to go to fast, so a 10 min change out ended up a few days dancing with Tesla Service center (long story). I'm going to wrap the center white like this: Model 3 Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Accents ( Set of 3, From $75 w/ 20% Off)
and see how it looks...

I removed the OEM steering wheel and replaced it with this. Found it on ebay, they make it to order. TESLA MODEL 3 CARBON STEERING WHEEL REAL carbon fiber White ring leather | eBay
There are many options for these, including rpmtesla.com, etc.........I jacked up my steering column trying to go to fast, so a 10 min change out ended up a few days dancing with Tesla Service center (long story). I'm going to wrap the center white like this: Model 3 Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Accents ( Set of 3, From $75 w/ 20% Off)
and see how it looks...

If you would, what did you need to pull OEM the steering wheel? Did you replace the whole thing or just the outer wheel ring? Thanks for your patience with my questions!

Edit: What about the airbags and warranty?

If you would, what did you need to pull OEM the steering wheel? Did you replace the whole thing or just the outer wheel ring? Thanks for your patience with my questions!

Edit: What about the airbags and warranty?
You will find several videos showing how to remove your steering wheel. I used the one from rpm tesla. It's not difficult. However, don't rush it. I snapped off an electrical connector and had to replace my steering clock column, (the thing with your turn signals on it). If you mess up on anything, you can pretty much find a replacement on ebay. Anywayz, very simple job. Only warranty effects are you gotta pay for it if you break it, pretty simple.

You will find several videos showing how to remove your steering wheel. I used the one from rpm tesla. It's not difficult. However, don't rush it. I snapped off an electrical connector and had to replace my steering clock column, (the thing with your turn signals on it). If you mess up on anything, you can pretty much find a replacement on ebay. Anywayz, very simple job. Only warranty effects are you gotta pay for it if you break it, pretty simple.

Thanks! You ride looks great!

Just watched the video and it seems pretty straight forward. I’m surprised for those prices, you have to give both the eBay supplier and RPM your core wheel, or owe many hundreds more to keep your wheel. Why so high priced when you have to give them your OEM wheel? I figured, initially, the price was what it was because they started with a stock wheel from Tesla. Did you choose eBay over RPM due to the price difference,or for other reasons?

Just watched the video and it seems pretty straight forward. I’m surprised for those prices, you have to give both the eBay supplier and RPM your core wheel, or owe many hundreds more to keep your wheel. Why so high priced when you have to give them your OEM wheel? I figured, initially, the price was what it was because they started with a stock wheel from Tesla. Did you choose eBay over RPM due to the price difference,or for other reasons?
Price was a factor, but I liked the larger spread of leather and shape change. It's a larger wheel of course, because they just wrap the existing wheel with carbon fiber. Makes it nice and beefy. Only drawback is its no longer grippy on top like the soft original, depending on how you hold the wheel, may not matter.
I'm pretty sure all these companies are having these wheels done in China and shipping them. Otherwise the cost would be much higher. I believe It's pretty labor intensive. Rpmtesla is getting their stuff from China, I see stuff popping up on alibaba and ebay and watch it's all from China.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc