Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 owner in NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After researching for 6 months, I moved from an Infiniti Q50S to a "stealth" blue Model 3 Performance from the Charlotte SC. Black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD. It was actually on the lot so there was no wait time!

Like everyone else, I LOVE THIS CAR! I smile every time I drive the car, and look for reasons to drive it. I've never had a car generate so many glances, compliments, and questions from others. I've even had neighbors walk down my street and ask to see the car.

I had wanted a car that was more comfortable and had more interior room than the Q50S. I didn't start out looking at Tesla. I had been looking at the usual car brands but nothing really got me excited. And then I stumbled upon a Bloomberg article that described BMW and their workers' fears about electrification. That article highlighted the large number (~1500) of moving parts in a BMW ICE, versus the 70 moving parts in a Tesla electric motor. It also mentioned the mechanical simplicity of the EV design and how it takes fewer people and less time to manufacture an EV. That was the moment that started my journey of article reading and YouTube video watching. 6 months later I have the best car I've ever experienced.

During my delivery, the Tesla employee said he had left a job at a BMW dealership because he believed in Tesla's mission and wanted to work for them. He said "Welcome to the Tesla family" and I could tell he believed that statement.

SO HAPPY to be a part of the Tesla family!