Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Owner in So Cal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just introducing myself to you all. Just purchased my long range dual motor with FSD ability. Ordered on Halloween and took delivery two days before Christmas. So far, I'm really loving this car. I have had a few fast vehicles but the model 3 really puts them to shame.

Gripes: Using the mileage to notify you of how many miles you have left on your battery is useless to me. I find that the mileage is NEVER correct, not even close. In my Ram eco-diesel, 250 miles would last me the week. I find myself charging DAILY which is frustrating. Even driving in chill.

Last night on my way home from work, all sounds of everything went away in the car randomly. No music, no turn signals, no audible cruise control mode or anything at all. Read up that I can just reboot the car and it will work again but after locking the car at night and unlocking in the morning, it fixed itself.

I'd also like to mention that I own a fiberglass and custom manufacturing company which currently we build for the Dodge Charger, but I think we will be possibly making some parts for the Tesla as well in the very near future. I have a few ideas but am absolutely open for more.

Thanks for reading - Eric

Welcome, and welcome to the emotional roller coaster that is Tesla ownership. They should come with a complimentary Xanax.

I find the mile-o-meter to be astonishingly accurate. If I leave on a trip, and the map says it's 238 miles, and I have 250 in the battery, I know I'm good. Right now, I am 50 miles from home, and I have 60 miles showing in the battery. I am getting all sorts of warnings about keeping it under 60 MPH in order to make it, but I know I can do my usual 70-72 and make it home fine. But I drive like the old man I swore I would never become. Either a) you have a lot of fun while driving, b) your car is still calibrating itself, or c) both.

Give me a couple of years and I'll commission you to make a Cybertrukkkk body for my Jazzy.

Thank you Puddles. Huge fan of Puddles myself. Wonder if there is something going on with my particular car. Just seems unreasonable to be charging so often. That’s awesome that yours works so well for you. Still absolutely in love with my car and I have many plans. Lots of carbon fiber.......