Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Owner - SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I recently purchased a new (to me) 2021 Model 3 Long Range with 11,000 miles (approx. 7 months old); White on White with Acceleration Boost, Performance Spoiler and Mud Flaps. I'm loving it thus far!

52072010577_62e67f3ce6_h.jpg

52072010647_ce13d2da5c_h.jpg

52073060591_9e579a6193_h.jpg

Car looks great - how was the delivery process? and what was your original OD? just trying to gauge how much longer I've got :)
Congrats!
I think you missed where the OP said mentioned its a used car. OP probably walked right into the used car dealer and walked out with the car. Also, if you ordered from Tesla, your ETA is listed in your profile for the car. You can also visit the waiting room threads to get a better idea. My delivery was about a week early from Tesla profile date.

I think you missed where the OP said mentioned its a used car. OP probably walked right into the used car dealer and walked out with the car. Also, if you ordered from Tesla, your ETA is listed in your profile for the car. You can also visit the waiting room threads to get a better idea. My delivery was about a week early from Tesla profile date.
Thanks so much for the helpful advice and guidance. I have started to follow on the delivery thread now --- really appreciate the help. This forum is great.

Reactions: DocHolliday
Car looks great - how was the delivery process? and what was your original OD? just trying to gauge how much longer I've got :)
Congrats!
As .Slug said, I bought the car used from Buena Park BMW. The car was advertised online, I drove down, inspected it, test drove it, cut a check for $59K plus tax (no Title or License as there is still 5 months left on the registration) and drove it home. The Acceleration Boost was an added bonus as the dealer didn't list it in the description of the car online and I don't think they even knew it had the $2K upgrade. It was a value add for me as I had planned to add it to whichever car I bought. The rear spoiler and mud flaps were also nice add ons. The car is clean with the interior still having that new car smell.

I'm curious to hear how you guys think I did on the deal. The used car market is pretty crazy right now, Teslas in particular. I'm seeing some '21-'22 RWD Model 3's listed for close to what I paid and most all '21-'22 Long Range 3's are listed for $60K +. I figure I did all right seeing as a new one would run me $60,440 (Purchase, Destination, Order Fee, Acceleration Boost) plus Tax, Title and License, not to mention the 6 month wait. I would have bought new but I did not have the luxury of waiting for the car.

Reactions: DocHolliday
Yeah sounds like you did alright if you paid $59k. The car wouldn’t have qualified for the CVRP if you bought it new anyway so you didn’t lose out on any rebates buying new. I guess there is the $750 but that’s not much.

It’s just crazy how prices have increased and I’m having a hard time settling that in my head. I got my stealth performance new in 2019 for $51k three years ago. If only I purchased instead of leasing!

Car looks great, you got the acceleration boost for free, and you love it. Sounds like a win. Enjoy!

Yeah sounds like you did alright if you paid $59k. The car wouldn’t have qualified for the CVRP if you bought it new anyway so you didn’t lose out on any rebates buying new. I guess there is the $750 but that’s not much.

It’s just crazy how prices have increased and I’m having a hard time settling that in my head. I got my stealth performance new in 2019 for $51k three years ago. If only I purchased instead of leasing!

Car looks great, you got the acceleration boost for free, and you love it. Sounds like a win. Enjoy!
Thanks, man. SoCal Edison has a $1K-$4K rebate (depending on income) for buying a used EV so as soon as I get my registration from DMV, I'll be applying for that.

I already switched my plan to TOU-D-Prime (EV owners are eligible) which offers the lowest kWh rates.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 7.54.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 7.55.09 AM.png