Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

first post to introduce myself, I’m Oli from London (hence the username :)), after going through several petrol & diesel cars in the past 5 years....everything from a 2018 Audi TT Quattro through to my latest a GLC 350D now that I have a son. Been interested in Tesla’s for a while but never got around to test driving one, so headed to Tesla at Westfield last weekend to take out a model 3 with my wife for 30 mins. She “hated” Tesla’s and had pre warned me she would not be signing off a new car (she’s the boss unfortunately)....anyway 10 mins into the drive and she was hooked and converted to Tesla so gave me the green light to order one :)

got home and within 30 mins had ordered a white model 3 SR+ for a May delivery....however after doing much research and realising there was a strong chance I would regret not going for the dual motor my order was changed 2 days ago to a LR AWD, delivery pushed back to June, but very excited and can’t wait to have this as a daily!

anyway that’s my story ha, but hello everyone and hope to get involved in the forum over the next few weeks/ months

Oli

Hey guys

first post to introduce myself, I’m Oli from London (hence the username :)), after going through several petrol & diesel cars in the past 5 years....everything from a 2018 Audi TT Quattro through to my latest a GLC 350D now that I have a son. Been interested in Tesla’s for a while but never got around to test driving one, so headed to Tesla at Westfield last weekend to take out a model 3 with my wife for 30 mins. She “hated” Tesla’s and had pre warned me she would not be signing off a new car (she’s the boss unfortunately)....anyway 10 mins into the drive and she was hooked and converted to Tesla so gave me the green light to order one :)

got home and within 30 mins had ordered a white model 3 SR+ for a May delivery....however after doing much research and realising there was a strong chance I would regret not going for the dual motor my order was changed 2 days ago to a LR AWD, delivery pushed back to June, but very excited and can’t wait to have this as a daily!

anyway that’s my story ha, but hello everyone and hope to get involved in the forum over the next few weeks/ months

Oli

Good move...especially if you anticipate any road trips. Lots of info here from the hive mind... be sure to search on breaks as well as brakes if you have any concerns about stopping power ;-) Reading the manual is strongly recommended. You'll have time explore it cover-to-cover a couple of times ;-)

Welcome Oli! You won’t regret it at all. My wife is not a car person at all but loves hers!

I can’t promote mine of course, but hopefully you used a referral code when ordering to get some free supercharging? Also, Tesla often have inventory cars available faster?

Hi guys, another newbie here. I’ve just ordered a M3 LR via our lease provider at work. No idea on lead time yet but I’m assuming June?

Can anyone point me to where I can download a user manual. May as well get up to speed while I await delivery!

Cheers
GL