Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 pics from staff thank you party.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. But wasn't the picture you posted from before testing? ;)
True, I'm not sure of the date on the pic... I doubt the interior has changed much. It's pretty "spartan" as is.

v2_seats.jpg

I can see subtle design similarities between the dragon v2 capsule and the Model 3 prototype. It's almost as if the same guy had an influence on both... ;)

I agree with the people saying that looking to the right for speed is no big deal, we'd get used to it. Where I think a HUD or other display is needed is for Autopilot information. Do we really think that autopilot will be good enough by next year that you will be able to completely trust it and have no visual indicator of what the car is seeing? What if you buy enhanced AP but not full autonomous? You're going to want to know if the car is reading the lane lines, if it's seeing that car that is swerving into your lane, if it sees that cyclist riding next to you, etc.

Reactions: wilhelmspencer
I agree with the people saying that looking to the right for speed is no big deal, we'd get used to it. Where I think a HUD or other display is needed is for Autopilot information. Do we really think that autopilot will be good enough by next year that you will be able to completely trust it and have no visual indicator of what the car is seeing? What if you buy enhanced AP but not full autonomous? You're going to want to know if the car is reading the lane lines, if it's seeing that car that is swerving into your lane, if it sees that cyclist riding next to you, etc.
While I'm right there with you, but if the vehicle was truly capable of level 5 autonomy then how often *should* you actually need it?

I can see in the distant future not needing to know, but for now I'd be more comfortable with even just something like the lower screen demo here

A HUD that used augmented reality would be super cool, but may not be 100% necessary.

KPCC. Couldn't find any more info to verify. Great to have it there if it is true. Would be very good to understand comparo with bolt, i3, etc.
Anyone here get to the LA Auto Show yet? If so, was there a Model 3 there at the Tesla booth?

On second thought, it wouldn't make sense for them to do so since they already have more reservations than they can fulfill in the first year, so the last thing they need is to hype up demand even more by having one on display. Better to steer people toward the Model S or X for now.

Where are the ducts for the ventilation system?
The narrow gap on the top of the dash that goes side-to-side is the cabin ventilation duct according to the Tesla drivers giving test rides at the Model 3 reveal event. We do not have any details about it, such as whether or not it has movable louvers, if the airflow is continuous across the length of the duct, or anything else.

I think it is reasonable to assume that there are also floor and windshield ducts.

When the videos came out following the Model 3 reveal I remember one test drive where the driver clearly stated the ventilation system was a new design unlike any other car, including the S and X.
I watched it more than once. Although recently I've tried to find the video to confirm I've not had any luck. Does anyone recall the video and if yes I'm surprise there hasn't been more discussion about the new ventilation system?

When the videos came out following the Model 3 reveal I remember one test drive where the driver clearly stated the ventilation system was a new design unlike any other car, including the S and X.
I watched it more than once. Although recently I've tried to find the video to confirm I've not had any luck. Does anyone recall the video and if yes I'm surprise there hasn't been more discussion about the new ventilation system?

Reactions: melindav
In the video Ruth at @mako7c4 linked to the test driver only says that "we have a really unique ventilation system, you can see there's not traditional vents there's this single slot" and then a passenger interrupted him to ask about the roof.

So what isn't clear is if the ventilation system is "unique" because of the single vent opening in the dash or if there is more to it than that.