Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 pics from staff thank you party.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The section of different material (the glossy part) used in the lower window frame looks like it could be a place for sensors/cameras?

What do you think?

/joke The new ''doorhandle'': swipe right to unlock and open, swipe left to close and lock. /joke

Seriously though, I too think it's about finding the right finishes. The cameras will be placed at the same spots as on the S and X I assume, the algoritme and camera field of view depend on it.

I noticed this prototype is somewhat upgraded:
- different steering wheel (now has two buttons)
- cup holders without covers
- body panels seems to be much better aligned
- ?

Original prototype:
model-3-interior.jpg

New/current prototype:
lRzvhBd.jpg
?
also the doorpanel from the co-pilot is different. It shrank somehow. And the triangle above has doubled...

Apologize if this has been pointed out before, but I just noticed that there are possibly side door pockets on that Model 3. We don't even have door pockets on the Model S yet! Its the little things...

Also, are those seats perforated/ventilated? Currently, only Performance Model S's have that option...

image.jpeg
Thanks for posting these. They helped me cipher "why on earth they would carry a string bass in the back seat!"

There is also a step in the rear shelf. The rear seat could carry the front half forward when it folds down, or something, or maybe nothing. The center seat belt mechanism might be in a pocket on the back side of the seat.

Model 3 Shows Glass Roof At Tesla Q3 Party - X Auto has newer and more closer clearer optimized pics for your pleasure
That xautoworld.com page states, quote: "Model 3 was again spotted at the party but this time we see a glass roof on this Model 3..."

The silver Model 3 prototype roof shown in those photos looks exactly the same to me as it did at the Model 3 reveal, during the Motor Trend photo session, and every other time I've seen photos of it. The roof hasn't changed.

I just read that article.

Everybody: this marks the second time mass media picked up a far-out idea I posited on TMC. I'll denounce this tendency thusly:
  • Making 100kWh batteries is expensive, and wouldn't be put in tens of thousands of new cars for months before revealing. My idea on this was only supposed to be for a fortnight or so, and even then, it was both unlikely and as it turns out wro
  • Making solar roofs is similarly difficult and expensive, because it requires specific R&D to tie together existing technologies that have not yet been combined, tested and mass produced anywhere in society yet, and also as a product idea prediction from me is only meant for something that has been worked on extensively and is basically done; it counts for a pending announcement, but not as something that will be ready a week after someone at the company said "it could be done", because to bring an idea from "could be" to market is often years.
So, to reiterate: solar roof on cars is about 2 to 3 years after intensive R&D after start of work on such a product, and while I know it could be done, I don't at all think that it's far down the road of R&D at this point because it came straight from the horse's mouth that it "could be done", which means it is not a well researched project (so, years left). Media: temper your enthusiasm for my ideas, please. I'm a great visionary but often a terrible predictor of what is going on behind closed doors that I'm not privy to open.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Red Sage
I just read that article.

Everybody: this marks the second time mass media picked up a far-out idea I posited on TMC. I'll denounce this tendency thusly:
  • Making 100kWh batteries is expensive, and wouldn't be put in tens of thousands of new cars for months before revealing. My idea on this was only supposed to be for a fortnight or so, and even then, it was both unlikely and as it turns out wro
  • Making solar roofs is similarly difficult and expensive, because it requires specific R&D to tie together existing technologies that have not yet been combined, tested and mass produced anywhere in society yet, and also as a product idea prediction from me is only meant for something that has been worked on extensively and is basically done; it counts for a pending announcement, but not as something that will be ready a week after someone at the company said "it could be done", because to bring an idea from "could be" to market is often years.
So, to reiterate: solar roof on cars is about 2 to 3 years after intensive R&D after start of work on such a product, and while I know it could be done, I don't at all think that it's far down the road of R&D at this point because it came straight from the horse's mouth that it "could be done", which means it is not a well researched project (so, years left). Media: temper your enthusiasm for my ideas, please. I'm a great visionary but often a terrible predictor of what is going on behind closed doors that I'm not privy to open.
@Ulmo did you mean to post the above in this thread, which is about new photos of the Model 3 at yesterday's San Jose event?

That xautoworld.com page states, quote: "Model 3 was again spotted at the party but this time we see a glass roof on this Model 3..."

The silver Model 3 prototype roof shown in those photos looks exactly the same to me as it did at the Model 3 reveal, during the Motor Trend photo session, and every other time I've seen photos of it. The roof hasn't changed.
Yes, that comment had me scratching my head as well. All Model 3 prototypes to date, as well as all renderings of it by Tesla, have had the glass roof. If it had been shown yesterday with a metal roof, THAT would have been news.

Actually there hasn't been many photos with the Glass-Roof and this real and close, that's what the title meant ! :)
Actually there have been many photos of the Model 3 glass roof, including on Tesla's own web page about the Model 3 Model 3 | Tesla

Your web page is factually incorrect. The silver Model 3 prototype has always had the glass roof. It has not changed.

Your intent in starting this thread was simply to drive traffic to your own website.

Reactions: X-Auto
Actually there have been many photos of the Model 3 glass roof, including on Tesla's own web page about the Model 3 Model 3 | Tesla

Your web page is factually incorrect. The silver Model 3 prototype has always had the glass roof. It has not changed.

Your intent in starting this thread was simply to drive traffic to your own website.

I'll fix the facts on the page, for traffic I am showing on the first page of google :)