Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 purchase with new FSD board/chipset?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Owned and sold (to move here) a Model S75 refresh but now getting into buying a Model 3. Looking at the threads interesting to see timescales and so forth for delivery.

Looking at the standard range plus, metallic grey with the 19" sport wheels.

Does the new car come with the enhanced new board and chipset for FSD I was wondering, assume it does. Is the $6,600 asking price upfront worth it?

Hi,

Owned and sold (to move here) a Model S75 refresh but now getting into buying a Model 3. Looking at the threads interesting to see timescales and so forth for delivery.

Looking at the standard range plus, metallic grey with the 19" sport wheels.

Does the new car come with the enhanced new board and chipset for FSD I was wondering, assume it does. Is the $6,600 asking price upfront worth it?
Hey, I think the Standard Range Plus is a good value when you think about what you get for that price. Based on what Elon said in the Autonomy Day presentation on Monday, all new Model 3 cars produced since about 10 days ago have the new full self driving computer (previously called HW3), so if you get one now, you'll be all set with the newest hardware and ready for when they start turning the features on via software.

I think the $6,600 is a good asking price for FSD, now that they've incorporated the regular Autopilot as standard on all cars and that's the only extra. For perspective, that's what I paid for only Enhanced Autopilot when I got my Model 3 last year. Granted I did take advantage of the "sale" in March and upgraded to FSD then, so I'm now also all set and just need that hardware retrofit. :D

Plus, if you get FSD, you'll immediately get unconfirmed lane changes with Navigate on Autopilot (NoA) on the highway and Enhanced Summon (hopefully eventually released in Canada), as well as NoA in the city and traffic light and stop sign recognition.

Finally, I suspect you might not need one (not sure if you can get credit by referring yourself lol), but if you do need a referral code, happy to offer up mine ;). Planning a summer road trip down to the States and trying to accumulate some free supercharger credits :)

Last edited: