Not sure if anyone has posted this before but this is how I ended up doing with mine after watching pretty much everything on Youtube and researched quite a bit.
- Radar Detector: Uniden R3 (has auto "off" capability so to not drain battery)
- BlendMount: BNR-4014
- Uniden compatible 12V long cord (purchased off eBay). UNIDEN RADAR DETECTORS 12 FOOT STRAIGHT POWER CORD NEW LRD850 LRD950 DFR8 DFR9 | eBay
- 12V socket splitter with on/off button (purchased off Amazon, plenty of options). It also offers a digital reading of your 12V battery voltage which comes in handy to monitor your battery health
Installation is pretty straight forward following DÆrik's blackvue installation video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CNWXWwLJHU). It pretty much had every steps you need to follow to route a wire to the center console 12V socket. No power tapping is required and probably the safest and secure way. Route the cable through the headliner into the front camera housing is probably the most challenging part. Gotta use trim removal tools at the right spots and pry hard (plenty of Youtube videos out there). Another thing about owning a Tesla is that you can watch Youtube on the screen while working in the car. Such a breeze! Here are some pics:
- BlendMount for the minimalist install.
- Cord passes along side the rubber stopper so to not get crushed by the satin trim on top of it.
- 12V socket splitter works like a charm. It powers off after a period of time if there is no current draw from accessories (in my case, Uniden R3 auto shuts off).
tahnks for the info even though the pics are dead! need to do this to my MY