Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 - Rattle noises

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new model 3 LR is making an insanely annoying rattle from the passenger side (UK car so left) top left dashboard where there are 3 sections to the dashboard, the main top dashboard, then a thinner piece that runs the width of the car, different material and finally a speaker like mesh material that runs along the dashboard, attached a pic for folks to see where I mean. Its nearest to where the front A pillar of the passenger side windscreen meets the dashboard. The noise is loud and annoying at lower speeds over any slightly rough road surface. At speed on the motorway it's silent (thank fully).

I've found applying pressure to the middle section of the dash silences the noise. Im guessing its a loose screw or something that's been left there that shouldn't. There doesn't seem to be movement between the pieces or any rubbing, just sounds like something loose, I can't see any way to look under the pieces of dash however so can't actually check.

I've got a Tesla appointment to look at it but its months away :-(. Anyone have any experience of the same? Any quick fixes people have found? I've also attached a video so you can hear my pain!

Dropbox - SourceofVibration.mov - Simplify your life

Attachments

• IMG_9D4706C429C5-1.jpeg
    IMG_9D4706C429C5-1.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 179