Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 - Rattling / Noise Issues

2022 RWD here with 10k miles. I've had a rattle in my driver seatbelt adjuster for a bit now, and one in the rear passenger door. SC sorted out the belt adjuster rattle, but I'm sad to report that the rear door is actually much worse than before after they spend 2-3 hours.

I'm well glad that the bit by my head is no longer a rattle, but annoyed as can be that the other rattle is worse.

Question now is- I'm handy enough, have gaff and felt tape as well as the silicone spray one poster had recommended; any good reason not to pop off that panel and go to town myself?
I asked a tech about this, they said once you start messing with stuff, future rattles are not covered under warranty.

3 year old model 3, somewhere near the right rear seat rattles a bit, took everything appart, applied some filt strips.. but keeps rattling.
Very light rattle in the driver door and rattle in the left rear passanger door.
Also a light rattle in the dash.

I only hear the rattles when the music is off.

I now have come to the conclusion that I have the embrace the rattles and just turn to music volume up a notch. I'm not feeling like tearin half the car appart to fix some rattles.

I’ve had my M3P about 6 weeks now. I seem to have the speaker grill rattle in the front left on anything but smooth roads and there is some noise I can’t tell if it’s in the door or the b pillar by my head but i only hear it if I’m doing 80km/hr (50mph) or faster. I don’t hear anything at low speeds. Is that likely the seat belt adjuster? It sounds metallic as if the wind is getting in somewhere at speed and making something vibrate.

Everyone who's into DIY rattle fixes, a good tool to use is a frequency generator app on your phone. Playback low frequency sounds very loudly through the car speakers and it should let you pinpoint most of the interior rattles and allow you to apply felt tape in the most effective manner. Most rattles will resonate between 40-120hz or so.

I've used it to quell most of the interior rattles, give it a try!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC