Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 SR+ with rear motor 3D5 instead of 3D1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Threads like this are one of the reasons I pretty much stopped frequenting/contributing to this board....no one was given anything they weren’t promised.....

The motor change in the BOM has zero effect on the rated 0-60 time of the vehicle you purchased....

Change was due to a balance in production builds. When the SR+ was released, AWD R motor capacity wasn’t increased immediately, and there was an excess of P R motor...change to the AWD R motor happened around the the release of the Y.

Threads like this are one of the reasons I pretty much stopped frequenting/contributing to this board....no one was given anything they weren’t promised.....

The motor change in the BOM has zero effect on the rated 0-60 time of the vehicle you purchased....

Change was due to a balance in production builds. When the SR+ was released, AWD R motor capacity wasn’t increased immediately, and there was an excess of P R motor...change to the AWD R motor happened around the the release of the Y.

And then people don’t understand where the price drops are coming from. Hell I over paid for my model 3 in 2018.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
For all you SR with 980 motors ingenext just dropped a module so now you can be as fast as an LR.
61F181D8-CD54-43AC-BCE9-ADF0DC15203E.jpeg

Reactions: badiban
Looks like fun. Adds the rear heated seats, but I’m going to wait for the heated wheel option to to make it even better (not that they are even working on it)- although I may have the 990 motor unfortunately.

I have the boost module installed. The car feels much more responsive, especially between 30-60mph. I don’t have any real data to compare before and after.
My 4/19 SR+ has the 980 motor and I can do 4.9 sec 0-60 mph. No mod. Worse I have huge mud flaps, winter tires and heavier winter rims and a heavy tow hitch installed. Going to try again in mid spring with OEM wheels and areo hubcaps.

Would you mind getting a GPS app and getting us some data 0-60mph?

Reactions: badiban
My 4/19 SR+ has the 980 motor and I can do 4.9 sec 0-60 mph. No mod. Worse I have huge mud flaps, winter tires and heavier winter rims and a heavy tow hitch installed. Going to try again in mid spring with OEM wheels and areo hubcaps.

Would you mind getting a GPS app and getting us some data 0-60mph?
There are too many variables that it won’t be accurate data to compare anyway. Weather, state of charge, road conditions, tires, etc... The car feels better to drive with the boost module than without, that’s good enough for me.

There are too many variables that it won’t be accurate ...The car feels better to drive with the boost module than without, that’s good enough for me.
My car definitely drives better after a fresh wax 😎

With the cost of the mod, people just want numbers. Someone must have dyno numbers somewhere. Different cars and different variables (using a phone app no less) will be as useful as my first sentence.

Odd no posts or Youtube with stats and times out in the wild. Youtube is completely bare of any Boost SR vids. Only a quick crappy Facebook vid from Ingenex. Hopefully Teslaraj can come through soon with another good video with a 980 motored SR+ before and after upgrade.