TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Model 3P Wheels color

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Munirj, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Munirj

Munirj Member

What do you all think? What color exterior to you like with the new color rims?

Still leaning towards black exterior

2. microman

microman Member

I like the new wheel color, glad they changed it. I ordered my Performance just before they changed it, so heres to hoping it comes with the new ones. I chose blue for body color.

3. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

I like the new color - I wish my Blue Performance 3 came with the gray wheel color back in 2018 ......

4. AdamVIP

AdamVIP Member

I think the lighter the color the better the contrast will be and nicer the outcome. That said they still keep all the bright work the same so if I were you I'd trade out to someone with older silver wheels and extra cash to burn. Or grey out all the bright work.

5. Miztawizord

Miztawizord Member

I just ordered mine on the 17th with white exterior. Was going to put darker wheels on it anyway... so, the price hike didn't upset me too much. IMO the dark gray looks better with all color options.

Now if we can get out deliveries faster than 2 months... = )

6. FutureShock

FutureShock Member

Well, it's all personal preference/eye of the beholder, but IMO... the gray wheels look best with the black or gray exteriors.

Red or white exterior is an iffy match but okay I guess, and I don't think the blue goes well with the gray wheels at all.

Again, IMO of course, and your YMMV. Do wish Tesla would give us a CHOICE of gray or silver wheels, so we can match for ourselves what looks best to us. :oops: