Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S 75 Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

James-R10

Model S Plaid 01/01/21 MSM/BlackCF/FSD/21" EU+ M3P
Aug 19, 2017
UK
I have a Model S 75 on order with delivery due October. (UK based)

I have just a couple of questiona that I'm struggling to get answers to:
  • Does the standard MS75 now have high amp charging ?
  • Following on from the above question, whats the best advice in terms of home charger? In terms of charging speed etc and what I should get.

Assuming you can charge at 240v 48amps, rule of thumb is 20% buffer for circuit breaker, which will require a 60amp circuit breaker on a dedicated 240v line. BTW Tesla is now offering home charger installation for $1,000.

Tesla To Offer Home Charger Installation
I think you missed the "UK based" part of the post. North America has a different system. OP might be better served asking the charging questions in a local part of this forum.

• Informative
Reactions: DarkMatter
I have a Model S 75 on order with delivery due October. (UK based)

I have just a couple of questiona that I'm struggling to get answers to:
  • Does the standard MS75 now have high amp charging ?
  • Following on from the above question, whats the best advice in terms of home charger? In terms of charging speed etc and what I should get.
90% sure the new 75 comes with 72A charger.
In kW the speeds are 11kW for normal and 16.5kW for high.
The HPWC gets you up to 22kW if you have three phase at home, otherwise around 10kW.

You should note, even 10kW is ample speed for overnight charging.

Even if you got home with 5% and wanted to charge to 100% it would take about 7hrs.

Ok thanks. So with the new 75 what rates would I expect to charge at a supercharger ? Would this still be 80% in 30 minutes ?
Supercharging doesn't use the car's charger.
On the 75 battery you'll get a charging rate of about 90kW until the battery is about 60% full.
After that it will taper off as it gets fuller. By the time you get to 90% it's down to about 20kW.
Unless you really need it it's usually better to leave at about 70%.