Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S: a couple of questions re settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My old Model S had a "coast" mode where you could let off the accelerator and it would coast at a few mph. In the new one it will come to a complete stop. Is there a setting to change this? I didn't see one.

The homelink works fine for a basic remote, but I can't get it to program a "learn mode" garage door opener. Any tips?

I like the turn signal buttons on the yoke, but is there a way to get a three blink "lane change" the way you can with a stalk?

The front doors are really difficult to close. you have to slam them. Is this normal?

Charging with a wall connector maxes out at 48amps. My old Model s maxed out at 72 amps. Is this a new limitation or is there a way to adjust this?

You didn’t have a permanent magnet motor in your old S. The new ones come to a complete stop.

No comment on the HomeLink. Not sure what your setup is.

There’s no three blink turn signals as they are unnecessary on this car. Turn on auto-disable for the turn signals and they’ll automatically shut off when you switch lane.

Front doors being tough to close is a long-term Tesla boo-boo on these cars. It’s the new gaskets at the top of the window. If you put your windows down you’ll see how much more easily the door closes. These do wear in over time.

Charge rate over AC is maximum 48A (on a 60A circuit) on all new S. I recommend changing the breaker at your house to 60A.

Reactions: Black/Black MS
Great answers, thanks, that's very helpful.

One final question. I've never had a front license plate on my car, but this one came with a front license plate mount attached that's pretty ugly. Can they be removed?
Yes. Just use dental tape (doubled) to “saw” it off. Then use goo gone to get the rest off.

I had trouble with learn mode on the opener too, when X and 3 worked fine. I had to use the old remote.

3 blinks is not needed since it sees when you change lane and turns it off.

Reactions: Black/Black MS
Yes. Just use dental tape (doubled) to “saw” it off. Then use goo gone to get the rest off.

I had trouble with learn mode on the opener too, when X and 3 worked fine. I had to use the old remote.

3 blinks is not needed since it sees when you change lane and turns it off.

I figured out the homelink. the problem was I was not using "standard", which I didn't think was used for a learning remote