Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Delivery Date

fm00

Aug 23, 2019
Los Angeles
Does anyone knows how long does it take to get a new Model S? My order has been outstanding for about 3 weeks and without any sign of expected delivery date. Thanks

gbailey

2020 Model S LR. Refresh Model S LR ordered RN1152
Oct 9, 2019
Arkansas
Does anyone knows how long does it take to get a new Model S? My order has been outstanding for about 3 weeks and without any sign of expected delivery date. Thanks
Mine too. Lots of discussion on this in the delivery threads in Model S and 3 forums.

AdamHut

Oct 4, 2019
Cheltenham
I don’t have a delivery date, but checking the source code of the My Tesla manage page I can see my VIN. I have been told it will be in the delivery centre around the 8th of next month

gbailey

Oct 9, 2019
Arkansas
I don’t have a delivery date, but checking the source code of the My Tesla manage page I can see my VIN. I have been told it will be in the delivery centre around the 8th of next month
When did you order yours? What’s the config? And which delivery center?

ahg8radam

Oct 19, 2019
Virginia
Ordered my first Tesla (Model S LR) on Monday and I've been doing what everyone says not to do...constantly checking the site to see if there's any progress (naturally, there isn't). Like others, I noticed that the estimate went from 2-3 weeks when I ordered to 4-8 weeks by the end of the same week, so I'm expecting something a lot closer to 6+ weeks. Sigh - patience is a virtue, just not one of mine!

azmodls

Dec 5, 2016
Arizona
I ordered my new LR Model S Oct 10, and a week later got an update that it was in transit to my delivery center. Appointment to pick it up on Oct 24th. I suspect that a car with my specs just happened to be in production when I ordered. They originally told me not to expect it until December. Red with 19in sonic carbon wheels, white interior.

AdamHut

Oct 4, 2019
Cheltenham
When did you order yours? What’s the config? And which delivery center?
I ordered it two weeks ago, it is a UK car being delivered to West Draton. It a LR Blue and Cream with 21”. After ordering it matched it up with a stock car that was on a boat already, currently it is in Belgium being assembled. Just hopping Brexit doesn’t delay any imports.

Reactions: gbailey

ragweedd

Oct 20, 2019
Boynton Beach
I ordered my Model S LR October 17, I was told to expect a 4-8 week wait time. C4B300CD-1FC6-416E-85AF-5CCE5D778217.png

ahg8radam

Oct 19, 2019
Virginia
Update here on mine: Ordered on 10/14 and was planning not to hear anything until at least mid-november, but just got a text saying it's in transit (to Northern Virginia) and I'm able to schedule delivery as early as Nov 7. Weirdly, I still don't see a VIN anywhere on the site and it still stays they're preparing my contract so I hope it wasn't an early notification mistake

gbailey

Oct 9, 2019
Arkansas
Update here on mine: Ordered on 10/14 and was planning not to hear anything until at least mid-november, but just got a text saying it's in transit (to Northern Virginia) and I'm able to schedule delivery as early as Nov 7. Weirdly, I still don't see a VIN anywhere on the site and it still stays they're preparing my contract so I hope it wasn't an early notification mistake
Good news. I needed to contact my delivery advisor who sent through next steps including the updated vehicle contract which included the VIN.

ahg8radam

Oct 19, 2019
Virginia
Good news. I needed to contact my delivery advisor who sent through next steps including the updated vehicle contract which included the VIN.
Took inspiration from what you said and contacted my delivery location. It's legitimately ready, trade-in confirmed, got the VIN, contract/final payment still pending but no concerns there so I'm good to go. It's amazing what a little under-promise/over-deliver can do to one's spirits

Reactions: gbailey

fm00

Aug 23, 2019
Los Angeles
Lucky you. Heard from my delivery advisor. I have to wait another 5-10 weeks for model S delivery on top of 5 weeks that have been in the queue. Before, he kept saying I would get my car in Oct. Can't trust Tesla.

fm00

Aug 23, 2019
Los Angeles
I got additional info. All new car being manufactured are for European market. Expected to get new model S for US in Dec. 3 months wait since I ordered ...

gbailey

Oct 9, 2019
Arkansas
As in a new revised or refreshed model s? Where did you get the info from?
I think he means all new orders are going to Europe first before US orders are fulfilled. Not sure that is totally correct as my US order was placed on 2 October and I collect it on 8 November from Kansas City.

Reactions: AdamHut and TheUmp

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC