Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my first Tesla (Model S LR) on Monday and I've been doing what everyone says not to do...constantly checking the site to see if there's any progress (naturally, there isn't). Like others, I noticed that the estimate went from 2-3 weeks when I ordered to 4-8 weeks by the end of the same week, so I'm expecting something a lot closer to 6+ weeks. Sigh - patience is a virtue, just not one of mine!

I ordered my new LR Model S Oct 10, and a week later got an update that it was in transit to my delivery center. Appointment to pick it up on Oct 24th. I suspect that a car with my specs just happened to be in production when I ordered. They originally told me not to expect it until December. Red with 19in sonic carbon wheels, white interior.

Does anyone knows how long does it take to get a new Model S? My order has been outstanding for about 3 weeks and without any sign of expected delivery date. Thanks
I ordered my Model S LR October 17, I was told to expect a 4-8 week wait time. C4B300CD-1FC6-416E-85AF-5CCE5D778217.png

Update here on mine: Ordered on 10/14 and was planning not to hear anything until at least mid-november, but just got a text saying it's in transit (to Northern Virginia) and I'm able to schedule delivery as early as Nov 7. Weirdly, I still don't see a VIN anywhere on the site and it still stays they're preparing my contract so I hope it wasn't an early notification mistake

Update here on mine: Ordered on 10/14 and was planning not to hear anything until at least mid-november, but just got a text saying it's in transit (to Northern Virginia) and I'm able to schedule delivery as early as Nov 7. Weirdly, I still don't see a VIN anywhere on the site and it still stays they're preparing my contract so I hope it wasn't an early notification mistake
Good news. I needed to contact my delivery advisor who sent through next steps including the updated vehicle contract which included the VIN.

Good news. I needed to contact my delivery advisor who sent through next steps including the updated vehicle contract which included the VIN.
Took inspiration from what you said and contacted my delivery location. It's legitimately ready, trade-in confirmed, got the VIN, contract/final payment still pending but no concerns there so I'm good to go. It's amazing what a little under-promise/over-deliver can do to one's spirits

Reactions: gbailey