TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Model S Drive Unit Replaced at 734 Miles

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Billah, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Billah

Billah Member

Took delivery of my S85 about a week ago and on January 1st, the car constantly kept bringing up the message saying "Pull over safely - Restart car to drive." The notification went away before i completely pulled over the first few times, but at around 10pm when i was leaving my home, the car died. I called roadside assistance and restarted the touchscreen and it was able to drive again. Tesla told me to park the car in the driveway of my home and they'd have a flatbed take my car to the rocklin service center. They replaced the whole drive unit and did a courtesy inspection by the next day. As a new owner, i'm extremely satisfied with their service. I've looked around the forums and found this happening to early cars. My car is vin 63,000+, wondering if any other new cars have experienced a similar issue.