Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S - floor mats, trunk mats etc?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
99.9% they won't fit. They use the same item number for the 2020 as the 2021....

Number:
L1TL02001509
Yes, noticed that too but there's one comment on the product page that mentioned it fit a refresh which gives me some hope. Comparing the OEM ones, it looks like the middle part of the rear passenger seat might not go all the way to the back of the center console, but... we'll see.

Yes, noticed that too but there's one comment on the product page that mentioned it fit a refresh which gives me some hope. Comparing the OEM ones, it looks like the middle part of the rear passenger seat might not go all the way to the back of the center console, but... we'll see.

Yeah, it "fits" but doesn't fit "right" is my suspicion. Anyway, as mentioned, thanks for taking one for the team!

Got them early - verdict is I'm keeping 'em!

Nits:
- Dead pedal mat area doesn't lay completely flat, might over time? This problem is seen with Maxpider mats even on older generation MSs (see Youtube). Maybe I just need to adjust it better or put a weight on that area for a few days :)
- Middle part of the rear seat mat doesn't go ALL the way to the back of the center console
- Front part of the front passenger mat tapers, so doesn't cover completely wall-to-wall, maybe leaves about a half-inch at the widest gap

Everything else is pretty dang flush to walls and fits well.

Rear: Front passenger: Driver:

Nits:
- Dead pedal mat area doesn't lay completely flat, might over time? This problem is seen with Maxpider mats even on older generation MSs (see Youtube). Maybe I just need to adjust it better or put a weight on that area for a few days :)
- Middle part of the rear seat mat doesn't go ALL the way to the back of the center console
- Front part of the front passenger mat tapers, so doesn't cover completely wall-to-wall, maybe leaves about a half-inch at the widest gap

Thanks for showing these. Can you post more picture angles of each?
I’m getting black on black so trust they’d cover minor gaps, look more uniformed.
And what are your plans for the cargo area? Thanks!

Interesting. I'm not sure I'm convinced, but it's a good option!
👍 Let us know what you go with and post some pics! So little refresh MS information out there right now. Pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who has put up photos of the MAXpider mats in a refresh.

Thanks for showing these. Can you post more picture angles of each?
I’m getting black on black so trust they’d cover minor gaps, look more uniformed.
And what are your plans for the cargo area? Thanks!

Sure, just have to see when I can get around to that...

This also brings up for me, as I was going through State Farm to get insured...do we have 2021 Tesla Model S or 2022?
Assume year received is year of car. I hear vin numbers change with the year with Tesla but also hear january type deliveries could still say 2021. Try searching in the bigger website forums. And then report back lol. Inquiring minds want to confirm. I did recently google this.

Does Tesla update their Model S every year?
Short answer: No. Long answer: Digit 10 of the VIN is the 'model year', but for Tesla this is the year the car was manufactured, not a 'model year' per se

Last edited:
Reactions: yayarearunner

Nits:

Nice thank you for posting your findings. By any chance would you happen to know or have the model number of the ones you just showed us? They may have released an updated model / version and I just wanted to compare / confirm if those are them or not. Thank you in advance.

I got the Tesla OEM's for 2021. I wanted the Maxpider new 2021's but after waiting on the car, I'm sick of waiting for things! 🤣
Yeah I did the same. They’re actually really nice, and gravel gets trapped in the channels rather than flying around the mats as they do with the Maxpiders. I really liked the Maxpiders on my Model 3, but happy with the Tesla/WeatherTech on the S.

Reactions: SgtPepper67
Yeah I did the same. They’re actually really nice, and gravel gets trapped in the channels rather than flying around the mats as they do with the Maxpiders. I really liked the Maxpiders on my Model 3, but happy with the Tesla/WeatherTech on the S.
As someone who has experience with the Tesla mats and Maxpider...which would you prefer if given a choice for your refresh S?

Edit: I see the $230 option and trunk and frunk options are only for 2020s. Are there any trunk and frunk options currently available for the refresh?

Last edited:
As someone who has experience with the Tesla mats and Maxpider...which would you prefer if given a choice for your refresh S?

Edit: I see the $230 option and trunk and frunk options are only for 2020s. Are there any trunk and frunk options currently available for the refresh?
Yes. These $180 however, you’re correct- no trunk or frunk 21’s out yet.

Attachments

• 813291E0-83D5-4F67-89B2-115D0BA6F434.jpeg
    813291E0-83D5-4F67-89B2-115D0BA6F434.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 9C94CF08-0884-472B-BC10-4FDE32747010.jpeg
    9C94CF08-0884-472B-BC10-4FDE32747010.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: BobbyRitz

Given my experience with the Maxpiders, I’d go with the Tesla mats for the gravel-rolling reduction alone. Both are excellent, but I do like having a grippier surface and reduction in foreign matter flying all over the car.

Reactions: BobbyRitz
Nice thank you for posting your findings. By any chance would you happen to know or have the model number of the ones you just showed us? They may have released an updated model / version and I just wanted to compare / confirm if those are them or not. Thank you in advance.
L1TL02001509

Good news is the driver's mat has flattened and now looks much better than the initial out of box fit. I don't notice the gravel problem @WilliamG has, but I personally prefer the Maxpider's sleek non-rubber / non-rugged look, the one piece design in the rear row mat, and the extra height around the edges and the foot well that conform to the car. Think the aesthetic matches the MS, but to each their own of course.

Reactions: DBV1 and BobbyRitz
I private messaged @3DMatsUSA (the Maxpider mats manufacturer) to see if they had measured the 2021 Refresh Model S yet and they said:
Unfortunately, we are still trying to locate a Model S refresh to test our products on. If it turns out the vehicle floor is completely different, we need to scan the refreshed vehicle. If you happen to know anyone with a Model S in the Los Angeles area, we'd appreciate it.
Basically they need someone with a refresh Model S in the Los Angeles area to contact them and let them scan the vehicle.

Can someone reading this please contact them and arrange for a scan? It would be most appreciated!

I private messaged @3DMatsUSA (the Maxpider mats manufacturer) to see if they had measured the 2021 Refresh Model S yet and they said:

Basically they need someone with a refresh Model S in the Los Angeles area to contact them and let them scan the vehicle.

Can someone reading this please contact them and arrange for a scan? It would be most appreciated!
Thanks BillHenn.

But he's right. We usually don't say "it fits" until we can get our hands on the vehicle to test fitment of our products. If there is anyone with a Refreshed Model S in the Los Angeles/San Bernardino Area of Southern California, we'd appreciate the chance to test our products on your vehicle. For assisting, you would receive a set of our floor mats that you help confirm/develop. Additionally, We'd like to be able to scan the Frunk and Cargo area of your vehicle to make Cargo Liners.