Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S LR for family

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I’ve been on the fence between a Model X and Model S for a while now. I’m about to pull the trigger on one of the models but have explored the used world, mostly the X and while there is some savings, it looks like these prices aren’t too far off their new variant, most likely due to used market now. That being said, any one have experience with the Model S as a family car Wife and I, two kids (4 year old in car seat and 11 year old). We aren’t huge road trip people, most likely only Orlando which is about 3-4 hours away. We had an Audi A6 recently which had pretty good space but storage was more an issue.

I’m pretty much in same boat. We have a 5 (soon to be 6) and a 2. My biz partner used to have an a7, the storage in the model s is similar to that, a little better than a6. I got the new Lr s just because that’s the car I liked best from a design perspective. I got it last week and absolutely love it. But I also got it because we have a Volvo suv xc90 that wife drives. I’d say if this car that you’re going to be buying is your sole vehicle for family, I would definitely go with the X. If you have another large car at home, I’d go with the S to use as your car (and sometimes tote the kids around too). Just my two cents

We have an S with a family of 4. Kids were 11 & 13 when we got it in 2017. I find it comfortable and can fit a whole lot of stuff in the car for trips. Wish I had some pictures when we filled it to the top for a 3 hour drive to depart on a cruise.