Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S (LR) Rear screen bricked!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on FSD Beta and installed 2021.44.25.6 last Friday. Didn’t drive for a couple of days and found out yesterday that the rear screen is completely dark. I rebooted the car a few times with no luck. I scheduled a service appointment and this morning the screen turned on with just white light but cycles between on and off continuously.

I have also been noticing a few strange things since the update. There is a few seconds extra lag before the main screen turns on after the door is opened. The gear selector icons below the phone charge pads now light up for a minute or so. They never did so before the update. The rear screen sometimes shows a blank red screen followed by blue and then green screens before exhibiting the behavior in the first paragraph above.

Overall the update seems very buggy and extremely disappointing. Tesla is not sure at this moment if the issue with the rear screen has to do with HW or SW.

Has anyone noticed any strange behavior after the recent update?

Wow! I JUST had this exact same behavior start tonight. Including the odd lag on the main screen and the gear selector lights on the front console (which are supposed to go away when screen believes it’s acting normally). So car knows something is wrong with the screens. Did you ever get a fix?