Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Owner - Unusual build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for a year or so now, but I just closed on a deal and I'm getting an inventory Model S delivered on Saturday!

It's a P85 with Autopilot hardware, textile seats, Tech package and intelligent suspension in black/black.

I'm super excited to get my new car, and move on from my ******* frustrating, annoying and downright dangerous Ford Fusion Energi.

Cheers all!

Last edited by a moderator:
How much of a discount did you get?

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for a year or so now, but I just closed on a deal and I'm getting an inventory Model S delivered on Saturday!

It's a P85 with Autopilot hardware, textile seats, Tech package and intelligent suspension in black/black.

I'm super excited to get my new car, and move on from my ******* frustrating, annoying and downright dangerous Ford Fusion Energi.

Cheers all!

Hello everyone!

Cheers all!

Congratulations!

I did not think Tesla still offered the P85. Did you mean a P85D?

Either way, consider the spring suspension for better handeling, if that is your priority over comfort.

GSP

I was all set to buy a very nicely specced S85, but then I drove a P85.
Big *** mistake. Or rather I should say a gobsmacking revelation!

Congrats! I made the same mistake as you, no one warned me. I went to drive the S85, but they only had the S60 and P85 available for test drives (conspiracy? I think so). They have me drive the S60, and then entice me to try the P85, I couldn't get myself to settle after that and got in BIG trouble by ordering the P85D, but in the end I will be thrilled with my decision for years to come :D

Yes, it was an inventory car that was a P85, but had the Autopilot hardware included; definitely a transition build and only one month old, which limited the discount I got as an inventory car with less than 100 miles on it.

There was a P85D available to drive, but I had to stay away from it, because it just whispered sweet, tempting, devilish things to me that would cause my wallet (and accountant) would tap out.