Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Plaid/LR. whistling wind noise at 79+ MPH

yerEVan

Black X Plaid/White Int/CF/6/OD:9/23/21/EDD April
Dec 29, 2018
Near Philly
I just put the pilot sport all season 4’s on my 19” plaid. Same exact vibration, same exact speeds 42-45mph. Feel it in accelerator pedal and steering yoke.

only have about less than a 100 miles on the tires, but so far, very nice. Grippy and pretty quiet.

jebinc

EndlessVibrating PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP, wht on wht
Supporting Member
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Yes, that’s what i was confirming. Definitely not a tire thing. Just wanted to mention the tires seem a lot nicer than the summer’s that came on them.
Yes, I love the Contis ProContact RX on my Plaid. What a comfortable ride. Sounds like more of us are having the dreaded 42-48 mph vibration issue.

@WilliamG

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC