Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Plaid Ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the 19" Tempest Wheels, which I personally think look better in reality than how they look online. I was planning to swap them out for some T-Sportline 19" wheels, but may hold on doing that if I like these enough.

This morning, my EDD has narrowed, previously from August 10 - September 14, to now August 15 - September 5. I'm actually hoping for an end of August timeframe for delivery, as I have my PPF install tentatively scheduled around that time.

Reactions: ICUDoc
This morning, my EDD has narrowed, previously from August 10 - September 14, to now August 15 - September 5. I'm actually hoping for an end of August timeframe for delivery, as I have my PPF install tentatively scheduled around that time.
Can almost guarantee you that your chances of getting nicks/dings/whatever in just a few weeks of driving? Are extremely low. And if you do get a small nick in the bumper/hood? Can touch it up so that its almost invisible. If PPF gets a nick (hard enough that it would chip paint if no PPF), you just...deal with the visibilility of a small tear in the PPF. Or, spend hundreds to replace that entire sheet of PPF..

Last edited:
I may order a model s plaid soon, but wanted to asked everybody if they think it is a bad time? like is there a better version coming soon that I may miss out on?

The Plaid + was already nixed. Of course cars are always getting better, but I can't imagine the Plaid being considered anything less than one of the best cars on the road for a while.

First time upcoming tesla owner here. Put order in on July-9-22 for MSP, and was shipped by August 1st. EDD is Aug 12-18. EDD keeps getting moved up for me, so hopefully XHokie you'll have yours soon as well! I was RN 1175520XX
The same happened for me. Earlier this week the EDD was sometime in Sep/Oct and now I am picking it up on Friday!!! The factory must be cranking them out now..

Reactions: XHokie
@blockparty @darstar007 Congrats on your upcoming deliveries! What specs/config did you both order? I still don’t have a VIN and my EDD hasn’t changed since the last update. Hopefully I’ll see or hear something soon. My guess is certain specs and/or locations are getting build priority, but still hopeful for delivery by the end of August.

@blockparty @darstar007 Congrats on your upcoming deliveries! What specs/config did you both order? I still don’t have a VIN and my EDD hasn’t changed since the last update. Hopefully I’ll see or hear something soon. My guess is certain specs and/or locations are getting build priority, but still hopeful for delivery by the end of August.
Thank you!. Mine basically has all the options except Full self-driving (I'm not the type of person who would use it) in white. I guess it doesn't hurt that I live so near the Fremont plant, but I am surprised at how quickly the delivery date arrived. Best of luck on yours as well!

Just got a message about 10 minutes ago that my VIN has been assigned and to complete remaining tasks in my Tesla app. Also, my EDD is now August 17 - August 23. This is earlier than I was anticipating, but I’ll take it with a grain of salt considering the things I’ve heard with dates changing. I assume this at least means my car is entering production immediately or very soon. Either way, exciting progress! :)

Reactions: zoomer0056
I just ordered a red/black with arachnids at the end of July. My edd is the 6th to the 22nd of August. I'm hoping for end of next week, still waiting on some funds to move around, but who knows? With my model 3P order it kept getting pushed back. I think it was supposed to come in November or early December and it ended up coming the first week of January.

Just got a message about 10 minutes ago that my VIN has been assigned and to complete remaining tasks in my Tesla app. Also, my EDD is now August 17 - August 23. This is earlier than I was anticipating, but I’ll take it with a grain of salt considering the things I’ve heard with dates changing. I assume this at least means my car is entering production immediately or very soon. Either way, exciting progress! :)
I don't think there's any reason to doubt it will come around that date window, even Model Y Performances are ending up in people's hands in as little as a month right now

There are now 14 new S Plaids sitting in stock around Miami

Well, today I was asked to schedule a tentative delivery date. First available was 8/20, but they said it could be earlier/later, depending on when it arrives and inspection once it arrives. 8/20 it is for now! Things moving along faster than I expected…fingers-crossed it all goes well.

Btw, in the Tesla app, when you “View” your delivery date details…did anyone notice that 1) it indicates “Express Pickup”, 2) the video that plays shows an almost “touch-less delivery“ experience, and 3) there is an option for live group/interactive, virtual ”education“ via MS Teams that you can register for, called “Get to Know Your Tesla”? This obviously didn’t exist in Tesla’s early days, but makes a lot of sense considering the post-pandemic world and their volume of deliveries, lack of staff. I wonder when exactly this started and how many people know about it, or take advantage of it.

Update: Today was supposed to be my deliver day. Yesterday, I received a pre-recorded call to confirm my appointment, along with a text message confirming my appointment. Delivery was scheduled for 11:30am today. Then, this morning at 7:50am, I get a call that I missed followed by a text a minute later informing me that my delivery date was being pushed to 8/24 because “my Model S has not completed pre delivery preparation and inspection”.

Oh Tesla…if only there were a way in 2022 for you to know for sure 24 hours prior to delivery if the vehicle would actually be ready for delivery on time vs. confirming appointments only to reschedule them the morning of. 🙄 Oh well…let’s see if they can hold to the 24th date. I’ll just move some things around in my work schedule…no big deal.🤣

Update: Today was supposed to be my deliver day. Yesterday, I received a pre-recorded call to confirm my appointment, along with a text message confirming my appointment. Delivery was scheduled for 11:30am today. Then, this morning at 7:50am, I get a call that I missed followed by a text a minute later informing me that my delivery date was being pushed to 8/24 because “my Model S has not completed pre delivery preparation and inspection”.

Oh Tesla…if only there were a way in 2022 for you to know for sure 24 hours prior to delivery if the vehicle would actually be ready for delivery on time vs. confirming appointments only to reschedule them the morning of. 🙄 Oh well…let’s see if they can hold to the 24th date. I’ll just move some things around in my work schedule…no big deal.🤣
Oh man. Same day disappointment…

Delivery date has been bumped one more day, now to 8/25. I found out that when they inspected the vehicle off the truck, they found a "paint chip" on one of the doors. That required them to have that part of the door touched up and reconditioned, which took time not because of the level of effort, rather the number of other vehicles that had earlier deliveries that were also being detailed and/or fixed up. That's their story...

Is this sort of problem unique to Tesla? Do other manufacturers have cars that get dinged up during transportation or did it likely leave the factory this way? Seems strange and unsettling, but maybe we just don't hear about this as much from MB, Audi, Lexus, etc. I know Audi literally wraps their entire vehicle in a sheet/cloth during transportation, in addition to the factory white tape they have on all major parts of the car's body. I believe many others do that, not sure if Tesla does. Makes me think they should invest in some way to better protect the cars in transit.

mine also came with a sizeable paint defect bottom of passenger door. The condition car was delivered to me was in my opinion terrible and unacceptable.

Tesla will basically beg you to take delivery claiming they will “fix” the issue. Then later you get informed their body shop is 3 months out. Plus, who wants their brand new car at some body shop.

My next car will not be a Tesla. I expect more for 140k.