Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S second row changes [Update: Tesla incorrectly showed Model X renders on Model S page)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New redesigned seats are like my executive rears but with functional folding armrest and folding seat backs. Wonder if they will be able to be retrofitted into older models. Love my executive rear seats currently over the standard bench, only down side is unable to fold down the seat backs for more storage room.

I also wonder if the new rear seats can recline a bit, like the ones in the Model Y?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
New redesigned seats are like my executive rears but with functional folding armrest and folding seat backs. Wonder if they will be able to be retrofitted into older models. Love my executive rear seats currently over the standard bench, only down side is unable to fold down the seat backs for more storage room.
So is the rear armrest new in the refresh? I am certain that some model S versions have only a bench seat with no center armrest, but that some previous permutations have had a center armrest? Looking for a brief history of what year(s) had rear armrests. I can’t fathom why they weren’t always there. The model 3 has it. An easy fold-down.

So is the rear armrest new in the refresh? I am certain that some model S versions have only a bench seat with no center armrest, but that some previous permutations have had a center armrest? Looking for a brief history of what year(s) had rear armrests. I can’t fathom why they weren’t always there. The model 3 has it. An easy fold-down.
As far as I know the bench seat was the majority option for all model s vehicles. There was a short period I believe between 2014-15 where they offered a package referred to as the 'executive rear seats' they only allow 2 passengers with a non-removable/foldable center console. It's a pretty rare option that I think they only made/offered them for only a few months? The seats are more of a 'bucket' seat vs the bench style that all other models offer. The only downside to this option is that they do not fold down like the standard bench seat does. I think tesla sold a center console add-on that you could fasten to the middle of the bench seat but it wasn't the same as the executive rear. Also interesting fact about the executive rear seats is that you can control the seat warmer independently from the seat bottom and the seat back. For example, set the bottom to level 3 and the back to level 1. Pretty sure on the standard rear bench seat its just one setting. Pic of my app for reference.
i-mWQSsdH-XL.png

edit: link to article I found about the option and the requirements

Last edited: