Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Top Speed 155 vs 149 tires? Model Year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Inventory at tesla.com they have model Ss with different top speed limit for the 21' wheels. 155 vs 149mph I have heard the the difference may be which tire the car comes with. Michelin 4s or all season's. If they are coming with all seasons, can anyone confirm this and let me know the size and which tire it is. I am wondering if Tesla has decided to change, for the time being, from the 4s to another tire until the excessive inside wear issue on the rear tires has been addressed. Also, I noticed the 2022 with 21s have a 155mph while the 2023 with 21s have a top speed of 149mph? Why the difference? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

In Inventory at tesla.com they have model Ss with different top speed limit for the 21' wheels. 155 vs 149mph I have heard the the difference may be which tire the car comes with. Michelin 4s or all season's. If they are coming with all seasons, can anyone confirm this and let me know the size and which tire it is. I am wondering if Tesla has decided to change, for the time being, from the 4s to another tire until the excessive inside wear issue on the rear tires has been addressed. Also, I noticed the 2022 with 21s have a 155mph while the 2023 with 21s have a top speed of 149mph? Why the difference? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

From the site:

Model S is transitioning to All-Season tires, which offer improved range and comfort, and are designed to work across the widest range of conditions. Top speed has been slightly reduced from 155mph to 149mph.

I found an article that mentioned the tires below. Just purchased the 21 wheels and was curious if there was another tire to go with besides the Michelin PS4s to help avoid the inner tire wear.

MICHELIN® PILOT® SPORT ALL SEASON 4 295/35ZR21 107Y XL BSW - better load rating but not the same size vs OEM of 295/30/R21

MICHELIN® PILOT® SPORT ALL SEASON 4 265/35ZR21 101Y XL BSW - looks to be same as the PS4 performance size and load rating.