Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S wheels don’t fit fender

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i
I’m not sure what we are looking at here. Those are not the stock wheels, at least now for the new Refresh Model S. Those look look like Twin Turbine wheels. I should now as I have them on my Refresh Model S with 25MM spacers and they look great!
Those are stock wheels for plaid 2021. Check it out at Tesla website

Ain’t sure what it rub? But when I install the wheels, it rub and the wheels will not even rotate
It’s the bolt head on of the suspension lower linkage, if the wheels are 19x8,5” with off set 35mm then the inner lip of the rim is app. 5mm inwards from OE setup (OE for 2017 are 19x8”ET40). Here is quick sketch of how the difference will look like on the car. I have third party rims at front - 19x9” with offset 37mm (orange edges on the sketch with blue off-set value) and 5mm universal spacers will clear (barely) the suspension. Sketch not to scale. You can find your exact setup from this site, if you know the size of your new and current rims/wheel.
CB01CF86-0F2B-40C3-9F22-C614B6FE7D0F.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not sure what we are looking at here. Those are not the stock wheels, at least now for the new Refresh Model S. Those look look like Twin Turbine wheels. I should now as I have them on my Refresh Model S with 25MM spacers and they look great!
@HX_Guy Please post some pictures pioneer! I´m sure they do look great. Aren´t you worried abour spacers and torque with the 2021 monsters?

Man that does look good! Better than the 2021 fatsters
Can You post more images? Can You elaborate on the spacers again, size, brand cost.

Thanks!
Here is another photo. I think it makes the car look "right". It more aggressive but still factory OEM looking. I do not like the refresh Arachnid wheels at all, I think the Twin Turbines (and the regular Turbines) look much better.

The spacers are 25MM from Motorsport Tech. www.motorsport-tech.com
Tint3.jpg
They are $65 per wheel for the Design 3 model, which is the type you want.

Here is another photo. I think it makes the car look "right". It more aggressive but still factory OEM looking. I do not like the refresh Arachnid wheels at all, I think the Twin Turbines (and the regular Turbines) look much better.

The spacers are 25MM from Motorsport Tech. www.motorsport-tech.com They are $65 per wheel for the Design 3 model, which is the type you want.
Do you know what grade studs they use? I cannot find that info on the website and am searching for spacers with better studs than the 10.9 that most everyone uses. I've already snapped studs before and know too many Tesla owners that aren't aware of how the torque will kill most spacers....

If anyone else has good spacer recommendations please post or PM me...

On my 4th Tesla now, and one thing I’ve noticed about the newer Model S, the 21 inch wheels don’t fit the fenders AT ALL. I have a 2020 Raven and take a look at this gap. The offset is so bad and the gap even on the lowest setting is huge. What makes matters worse is that no companies make wheels spacers for newer Model S because of the amount of torque they produce now….
It looks as if your car is on "high" or just lowered down from the jack. Twin Turbines should look killer on MS pre Plaid, and great on PLAID with spacers. Same for classic ARACHNIDs. I´m waiting for the first brave sould to try them with spacers on the PLAID.