Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S with AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my mind I feel like they should be able to enable most of self driving without having the nobody in the car stuff activated. Is there a requirement for the government to give them the go ahead if there is a licensed driver always able to take over? Door to door auto driving without hands on the wheel nags is still incredible compelling. Even though I paid for full self driving I am totally cool with having to sit in the front seat while it chauffeurs me around until they can prove the system works perfectly to regulators.

In my mind I feel like they should be able to enable most of self driving without having the nobody in the car stuff activated. Is there a requirement for the government to give them the go ahead if there is a licensed driver always able to take over? Door to door auto driving without hands on the wheel nags is still incredible compelling. Even though I paid for full self driving I am totally cool with having to sit in the front seat while it chauffeurs me around until they can prove the system works perfectly to regulators.

That is the plan before the end of 2017. We'll see if they are able to meet that timeline. In the meanwhile, lets see if they can meet the December 2016 EAP = AP1 deadline.

Reactions: NicB72