Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S with old software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hesitated to complain about this but I'm afraid I have to do just that. It has now been one week since I took delivery of a new S, Hardware 3, FSD, Long Range etc (in other words all the whistles and bells). Because I traded in an X I knew the software was out of date (2019.7.106). It should be 12.1 I think. I've contacted the local SC because the delivery folks told me they could just update it for me right there. Well, the SC maintains that the 7.106 is the current version and they can't do anything about it. And furthermore, I should just wait for a regular regional update.

OK. So think about it. Not only did Tesla sell me a car with outdated software..., they won't even update it! Not good.

My next step (and probably the last possibility) will be to drive over to the SC and ask them to do it there and then.

That is...unless someone may have a better idea? If so I would appreciate your input.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I hesitated to complain about this but I'm afraid I have to do just that. It has now been one week since I took delivery of a new S, Hardware 3, FSD, Long Range etc (in other words all the whistles and bells). Because I traded in an X I knew the software was out of date (2019.7.106). It should be 12.1 I think. I've contacted the local SC because the delivery folks told me they could just update it for me right there. Well, the SC maintains that the 7.106 is the current version and they can't do anything about it. And furthermore, I should just wait for a regular regional update.

OK. So think about it. Not only did Tesla sell me a car with outdated software..., they won't even update it! Not good.

My next step (and probably the last possibility) will be to drive over to the SC and ask them to do it there and then.

That is...unless someone may have a better idea? If so I would appreciate your input.

Well , the SC just called me. At last! That's the good news. The bad news is that they can't do anything. They advise me to wait, be patient and I will receive my just reward. Just kidding about the 'just reward' part but...Really! Wow! What a way to run a railroad!

12.1.2 is for Early Access Program participants with FSD Computer (aka AP3 Computer). They would not be able to push it using their Tesla Garage software unless you are part of that program. What you have is more than likely the GA release for those with FSD Computer.

Do other FSD Computer (aka AP3 Computer) owners have the same release?