TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Model S with old software

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bookiepilot69, May 21, 2019.

1. bookiepilot69

bookiepilot69 Member

I hesitated to complain about this but I'm afraid I have to do just that. It has now been one week since I took delivery of a new S, Hardware 3, FSD, Long Range etc (in other words all the whistles and bells). Because I traded in an X I knew the software was out of date (2019.7.106). It should be 12.1 I think. I've contacted the local SC because the delivery folks told me they could just update it for me right there. Well, the SC maintains that the 7.106 is the current version and they can't do anything about it. And furthermore, I should just wait for a regular regional update.

OK. So think about it. Not only did Tesla sell me a car with outdated software..., they won't even update it! Not good.

My next step (and probably the last possibility) will be to drive over to the SC and ask them to do it there and then.

That is...unless someone may have a better idea? If so I would appreciate your input.

• Funny x 1
  2. Saxgod

Saxgod Thread Necromancer

3. bookiepilot69

bookiepilot69 Member

Well , the SC just called me. At last! That's the good news. The bad news is that they can't do anything. They advise me to wait, be patient and I will receive my just reward. Just kidding about the 'just reward' part but...Really! Wow! What a way to run a railroad!

4. zanary

zanary Member

12.1.2 is for Early Access Program participants with FSD Computer (aka AP3 Computer). They would not be able to push it using their Tesla Garage software unless you are part of that program. What you have is more than likely the GA release for those with FSD Computer.

Do other FSD Computer (aka AP3 Computer) owners have the same release?

5. Borntooxlr8

Borntooxlr8 Member

Turn off energy saver mode and keep the car “always connected” in the settings. Also make sure you have strong WiFi signal and you’ll get the update. I received mine that way and was advised to do so by the SC.

6. bookiepilot69

bookiepilot69 Member

Thanks zanary and Borntooxir8. This pretty much corroborates what I had figured out must be the case.

7. whitex

whitex Active Member

No "always connected" mode in cars newer than 3/2018 (MCU2), so definitely not on AP3 equipped cars.

• Like x 1
  8. rsg123

rsg123 Member

Have you tried chatting with support? They requested an update push to me, although I was on 2018.

9. bookiepilot69

bookiepilot69 Member

Yeah, Support was helpful in diagnosing the situation but clearly stated that they can't push software updates. That is a "regional" effort. Good thought though. Thanks.