Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S Yoke Steering RETRACTABLE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brunla

MS-LR / MSM / Black / Arachnid / FSD
Dec 22, 2020
Los Angeles
I was reading through the tidbits of features for the 100th time since there is nothing new, and something came to mind.

"Custom driver profiles with automatic easy-entry and exit"

What does automatic easy-entry and exit really mean? Could it be since there are no stalks, that the yoke retracts inwards towards the dash panel? So the seat goes back and the yoke retracts. This isn't anything new with luxury cars, but perhaps because of no stalks it really goes all the way into the dash.

Baseless speculation because we are getting no new info, and I am bored!

I figured someone on the west coast would have taken delivery, considering the S/X line has been open for 4 weeks now. Even assuming 1-2 weeks for training and tweaks, they should be putting out ~150 vehicles a day. Strange there hasn't been a single sighting of a delivered refreshed model S or X in the wild, or one getting into the hands of a prominent YouTuber.

But yes I agree, I think the yolk will retract much more flush than a standard wheel with control stalks. Seems like an obvious benefit.

Reactions: rickyjb
I figured someone on the west coast would have taken delivery, considering the S/X line has been open for 4 weeks now. Even assuming 1-2 weeks for training and tweaks, they should be putting out ~150 vehicles a day. Strange there hasn't been a single sighting of a delivered refreshed model S or X in the wild, or one getting into the hands of a prominent YouTuber.

But yes I agree, I think the yolk will retract much more flush than a standard wheel with control stalks. Seems like an obvious benefit.

I ordered mine last November. They say I am a priority and I do not even have a date on my online account order. "We will reach out to you."

• Funny
Reactions: petredge
Current versions do this? I'm not current but on a 2016 X, should mine retract when entering/exiting?

You just create a driver profile for Easy Entry (or something close to that). Move everything where you want it and save. I'm not sure of the naming to get it to run automatically. If you have driver profiles it should be able to do that.

I don't use an entry profile (hence my imperfect recall about how to set it up), but I do use an "Eating" profile on road trips. It moves the seats back and raises the steering wheel so we have enough room to eat off of trays in our laps.

You just create a driver profile for Easy Entry (or something close to that). Move everything where you want it and save. I'm not sure of the naming to get it to run automatically. If you have driver profiles it should be able to do that.

I don't use an entry profile (hence my imperfect recall about how to set it up), but I do use an "Eating" profile on road trips. It moves the seats back and raises the steering wheel so we have enough room to eat off of trays in our laps.

Thanks, I'll look for it in my profile!

has anyone figured out how to make this feature work? My yoke does not retract at all when in park or in any other mode.

I have my driver profile that saves every time i make an adjustment to my yoke or seat. I've seen it on some youtube videos where the yoke retracts when they get out.

would be helpful if anyone can tell me how I can get mine to work :p

has anyone figured out how to make this feature work? My yoke does not retract at all when in park or in any other mode.

I have my driver profile that saves every time i make an adjustment to my yoke or seat. I've seen it on some youtube videos where the yoke retracts when they get out.

would be helpful if anyone can tell me how I can get mine to work :p
Page 44 will get you started. https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

• Love
Reactions: r3nd3r