TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Model X and Windshield Protection?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Nev&Co, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Nev&Co

Nev&Co X60D MC Red. Delivered 12/30/2016

Hi everyone my 7-seater MX 60D is going to be delivered next week (~12/2/16) and I have a few questions about it:

1. What does the new model x come with? I saw from some older posts that the owners got the front upper sunshade for free. Is it still the case?

2. I also came across posts with cracked windshield and learned about the cost which could easily be over $1k. Should I invest in a windshield protective film? Pros and cons for that?

3. I am planning to get the all weather mats from Tesla and I know that the floor and trunk mats are not compatible with vin greater than F022381. My vin is much lower since I reserved it back in August. But I pushed it until now since I was betting that AP2 would be coming soon and it ends up that I was right (very glad about that). My question is will the mats fit my MX? Is it possible that my MX will have a newer backseat setting?

2. b00st3d

b00st3d Member

1. I just got mine a few weeks ago and it did indeed come with the sunshade
    2. you can get windshield protection film, but since the windshield is so large, it wont cover the whole windshield. The problem with the film is that over a short amount of time, the film can scratch and become hazy from the windshield wipers. its generally not recommended for a daily driver.
    3. not sure