Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Delivered! Question!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up our new Model X Long Range Plus for my wife. The delivery experience was definitely different than mine in 2018. We literally picked up the car without talking to a single Tesla employee. We had questions and nobody to answer. I had an amazing unique delivery experience in 2018 that I will never forget and this was like we were stealing it.

We figured out most of the differences between my S and her X today but the biggest issue is this "Authentication Needed" everytime we get in the car. Is this normal for an X? Its annoying to say the least.. The car wants you to double click the remote even after the doors open to get in. It wont drive unless you click the remote or the app. With the S, you just walk up, the door handles come out and you drive.. No need to use the app or remote.

Thanks for any help!
JensX.jpg

jensX_Keyfob.jpeg

I searched the owners manual and didn't find anything. You might want to schedule service on the app and describe the problem. They might be able to fix it remotely without an in person service.

In the meantime you could also try a reset by pressing both scroll wheels until it resets.

As a last resort before the service call you could try to do a power off - Controls > Safety & Security > Power Off.

Good luck and please let us know the solution.

Last edited:
No issues that I could find.. Everything seemed very well built. I really love the new ability for the new motor to regen to a complete stop without the brakes.

Authentication issue solved!
Under settings, there is an option for Passive entry, make sure that is turned on! For some reason the description of what it is doesnt make sense, but that solved the issue!