Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered mine. Called Tesla and talked about Homelink before I ordered. They referred me to their tutorial page and said I may have to do it a couple times for it go pick up the code sequence (or something like that).

I'll try and post the link if you don't already have it.

Should have added........ CONGRATS on the new X!!!! I can't wait!

Has anyone got this working via the app? I've tried two garages, they work fine. When driving up to the garage the car auto-opens and then closes them upon leaving. But with the car parked directly inside the garage, two feet from the opener, the app just says "no nearby homelink" or words to that effect.

Has anyone got this working via the app? I've tried two garages, they work fine. When driving up to the garage the car auto-opens and then closes them upon leaving. But with the car parked directly inside the garage, two feet from the opener, the app just says "no nearby homelink" or words to that effect.

Do you have more than one garage/gate programmed in your homelink? Some people said the default device may not be the one closest to your car.

I believe you have to select customize summon in your car's menu. Then you turn on Use Auto Homelink and select your device. And then you turn it off. The app's homelink opens the device you selected for Auto Homelink even if you do not use Auto Homelink.

Are you saying you can set this all up and in the end leave Summon turned off (which I prefer) and that will allow App to control (one) door?

One home works, the other doesn't. Not sure what the difference is.

Are you saying you can set this all up and in the end leave Summon turned off (which I prefer) and that will allow App to control (one) door?

That's what I read. The device selected by Summon Auto Homelink is also the device used by the App for Homelink. You just have to temporary enable it to switch to that device and disable it. If you actually use Summon Auto Homelink then it would not had been a problem because you would have already selected the garage door where you parked as the device. I think it default to the first device you add to the homelink... so if you add the gate first and then your garage, the app will default to open the gate.

That's what I read. The device selected by Summon Auto Homelink is also the device used by the App for Homelink. You just have to temporary enable it to switch to that device and disable it. If you actually use Summon Auto Homelink then it would not had been a problem because you would have already selected the garage door where you parked as the device. I think it default to the first device you add to the homelink... so if you add the gate first and then your garage, the app will default to open the gate.

It worked fine. But you can’t have Summon turned off and use the home link button in the app. Summon must be in. I prefer leave Summon off. Not a big deal.

It worked fine. But you can’t have Summon turned off and use the home link button in the app. Summon must be in. I prefer leave Summon off. Not a big deal.

So if you turn it off after you checked the device, the app will revert back to the top device? I guess the other way to do it is to remove the other device so the garage you want the app to work is on top. Then add the other ones back.

It worked! Selecting my garage in the Summon settings now lets me trigger that Homelink from the Controls section of the App. I'd never bothered to configure Summon. Smells like a bug or at least bad wording in the app ("none of your homelinks is close").

Fantastic! Thank you!