Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X hung while Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with Supercharging a 2022 X. I thought I read something about it, but I could not find anything when I searched.

I just got my 2022 Model X and was Supercharging it for the 1st time. I got some coffee and noticed it was only at 75% when I got back to the car. I decided to kill some time by watching a youtube video. But as I was scrolling through videos, the display froze. I waited 30 seconds or so, but it did not free up. So reluctantly, I rebooted with both buttons down. But after a minute, nothing happened. I then rebooted it with both buttons down and the brake pedal down. No change. So I tried holding down both bottoms and the brake pedal again. Nothing changed. I sit there for a couple more minutes deciding what to do, and it reboots! The car comes up, and it is up to 78%. A little short, but I decided to not chance it and drove home.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with Supercharging a 2022 X. I thought I read something about it, but I could not find anything when I searched.

I just got my 2022 Model X and was Supercharging it for the 1st time. I got some coffee and noticed it was only at 75% when I got back to the car. I decided to kill some time by watching a youtube video. But as I was scrolling through videos, the display froze. I waited 30 seconds or so, but it did not free up. So reluctantly, I rebooted with both buttons down. But after a minute, nothing happened. I then rebooted it with both buttons down and the brake pedal down. No change. So I tried holding down both bottoms and the brake pedal again. Nothing changed. I sit there for a couple more minutes deciding what to do, and it reboots! The car comes up, and it is up to 78%. A little short, but I decided to not chance it and drove home.

It can take up to five minutes for everything to reboot, particularly if there is limited cellular connectivity. Rebooting a second time simply starts the whole process over, and likely did not gain you anything.

I’ve had my model 3 for 2 weeks. Driving home from thanksgiving at midnight I stopped for a quick supercharge. I go to disconnect and it won’t release, I have a red T, and get the three warnings seen in the pictures. I’ve been on hold for 22 minutes at this point with service.

Hi,

FYI this is now an active recall and impacts all Tesla's produced with the AMD Ryzen CPU. The main computer has a tendency to overheat when Supercharging or preconditioning for fast charging. It is fixed with a firmware update to 2022.12.3.3.

FYI this is now an active recall and impacts all Tesla's produced with the AMD Ryzen CPU. The main computer has a tendency to overheat when Supercharging or preconditioning for fast charging. It is fixed with a firmware update to 2022.12.3.3.
I read something similar on this but did not know the version. Thanks. This morning I just got 2022.12.3.3.