Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X on display at Panasonic booth CES 2015?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy claims it is the third beta generation of the X. Warning: He gets a bit gushy and annoying, and uses the word "ridiculously" far too often.

I did notice that it has full size side mirrors, rather than rear-facing cameras, so it's different than versions I've seen previously.

Tesla Model X First Look - Family Friendly and Extremely Powerful - YouTube

This prototype (or an identical looking one) with side mirrors, was on display in Hawthorne when I was supercharging there in December 2013.

There are only 3 publicly displayed prototypes that I am aware of. The first is the champagne colored one with side view cameras that Elon used to debut the Model X. The second is a silver one with side view cameras that is sitting in the Hawthorne lobby. This one may be a static model only and not have a complete interior or drive train. The third is the white one with mirrors that has been displayed the most, first at NAIAS 2013 and at numerous events since then including CES 2015 and in Texas last week.