Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X - Out of Service Already - Parking Brake Needs Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
1 week after delivery and my Model X is in the garage and cannot get out of Park with message - Parking Brake Needs Service. Called RSA and seems it might be 2017.38 firmware update related possibly.

Disappointing with less that 100 miles driven and cannot move the car at all now.

1 week after delivery and my Model X is in the garage and cannot get out of Park with message - Parking Brake Needs Service. Called RSA and seems it might be 2017.38 firmware update related possibly.

Disappointing with less that 100 miles driven and cannot move the car at all now.
Did they say it was firmware related? I’d think much more likely to be mechanical. I parked about ten times yesterday with no issues... I’d think if it was firmware, we’d be seeing a lot of reports. Interesting to see if we get more on this!

Reactions: DrivingRockies
They said it "may be firmware related" and on the Tesla forums there are at least 6-7 reports of similar issues in the past week. May be a certain combo of factors relating to the car + firmware that lead to the issue as I agree if it were purely the firmware we would see a lot more people posting about this.

They said it "may be firmware related" and on the Tesla forums there are at least 6-7 reports of similar issues in the past week. May be a certain combo of factors relating to the car + firmware that lead to the issue as I agree if it were purely the firmware we would see a lot more people posting about this.
Thanks for the update! Weird that that would be something 17.38 would be mucking with but you never know!