Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Owner, Doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner of a Model X 100D (ordered July 16th, picked up Aug 15th). Order was confirmed the day of changes to standard package so did not get ambient lights, adaptive headlights, HW 2.1, etc. but a healthy showroom discount showed up.

Question on the front doors. The driver door will start closing automatically once nudged, however the passenger door needs to be pushed in fully manually, is this normal?

Question on the front doors. The driver door will start closing automatically once nudged, however the passenger door needs to be pushed in fully manually, is this normal?
When I asked a tesla person about it, they were not really sure, so it sounds like a bug.
You can open the door just a bit and then triple press the fob to make the car close it. Note the behavior difference for driver and passenger door.

New owner of a Model X 100D (ordered July 16th, picked up Aug 15th). Order was confirmed the day of changes to standard package so did not get ambient lights, adaptive headlights, HW 2.1, etc. but a healthy showroom discount showed up.

We're in a similar boat ordering wise (X100D ordered July 5th, picking up next week). How much showroom discount did you get? We are getting 750 back since towing, which we added on, now standard but not anything else.

I received a discount of several thousand. It did not appear until a couple of days before pickup. We also had premium sound which is now in PUP so not sure if that mattered. They mentioned that some cars got the new standard features like the headlights and ambient lighting so the discount was adjusted accordingly.

Regarding non PUP lighting, anyone know if there are supposed to be lights underneath the front seats for the second row? I see it mentioned in a post for upgrading the lighting but that car also had PUP. Not a big deal, swapped out one in the passenger seat well and plugged it in and it has power so will just add some upgraded lighting. All this lighting stuff just seems pretty nickle and dimy for a 100k car especially with some of the hardware seemingly already there (i.e. light strips for ambient lighting).

Regarding non PUP lighting, anyone know if there are supposed to be lights underneath the front seats for the second row? I see it mentioned in a post for upgrading the lighting but that car also had PUP. Not a big deal, swapped out one in the passenger seat well and plugged it in and it has power so will just add some upgraded lighting. All this lighting stuff just seems pretty nickle and dimy for a 100k car especially with some of the hardware seemingly already there (i.e. light strips for ambient lighting).
Originally, the lighting underneath the front seats was only available with PUP, but as you noticed, the wiring is there for after-purchase upgrade.

I believe the automatic closure feature is one that can be selected in the controls screens. I know you can choose between driver, passenger, both, neither on the auto open upon approach feature, so I would think that would be true on the closure feature too, though I'm speculating.