Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Purchase Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I'm sorry about your delivery sentiments, I have two bits to chime in about.
  1. Tesla is not a luxury brand. They only compete with Mercedes Benz on price, not anything else. Nowhere in Tesla's entire website or marketing materials does it ever say "luxury." Tesla builds "premium electric vehicles." And that's exactly what you get.
  2. If you are buying the world's most technologically advanced car, most of us typically spend a lot of time beforehand and research, test drive (sometimes multiple times), and spend at least a few minutes reading up on the car, how it works, and what's special about it. A Tesla is not a car someone wanting a "car" just walks into a dealership and decides to buy. Owning a Tesla is a lifestyle, hence why this forum even exists. Hence why there are other forums. Hence why there are people like Bjørn Nyland. I know it sounds rude, but if, in your few months of waiting for this car, you couldn't even invest a few minutes into learning about how it works? You could have walked into any Tesla showroom at any point before delivery and asked specific questions. During delivery time, they are not obligated to train you on the spot. Delivery is about taking your car, inspecting it, take a celebratory picture, and go. Because there is probably someone else scheduled right after you, and that will cause the next owners to become upset, especially in a center like Fremont.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
This forum should allow all options no matter positive or negative. Just share my experience not only the delivery folks attitudes, also the quality of the car such as front door could not open, and used materials for the brand new car. Hope Tesla can make the change since the way to treat customer is most important.

Reactions: dethman
This forum should allow all options no matter positive or negative. Just share my experience not only the delivery folks attitudes, also the quality of the car such as front door could not open, and used materials for the brand new car. Hope Tesla can make the change since the way to treat customer is most important.
You are entitled to sharing your opinion, and we appreciate that. As for the car — I am 100% sure they will take care of the car. Please do report the issues, document them with pictures, and take it in for service whenever you can. They will make it right. They always do.

Yes the forums should accept all opinions ...however that said be prepared to get strong opinions both ways ...the issues you describe no one here responding can help ..if you had specific questions on car functionality there are many members here who would be happy to explain ..and I think even early on a member explained how charging percentage works in the settings ...customer service is important to a point ..However when expectations are to great as a company you will never satisfy that type of customer completely ...either way congrats on car excellent choice hope you got a Pearl White ;)

When the delivery folk gave your car, they should give you a checklist at least to show you the portable charge, the manual, the tow option, even did not mention the purchase contract receipt which I figured it out by myself. The front door cannot open. The used material was wear-out and dirty. Can you image if it could happen for Ford, GE, Toyota, Honda or KIA? I should take the picture for it.

Nope. Sig S. I've been in the Tesla game a while (the S was made before they even put battery/performance badging on the trunk), as you can see from how long I've been a member of this board. Longer than you, it seems. Does that make my opinion more relevant than yours? Nope. But we are all consumers here and everyone's experience can be shared without whining and moaning about whether you agree with them or not. If you don't agree, then move on buddy. No need to linger. I gotta hand it to you, you definitely try.

Please tell me this isn't your first Tesla yet you still feel informed enough to chime in on a one sided whine session by another new owner?

Attachments

• 20180715_200926.jpg
    20180715_200926.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and dethman