TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Model X Unlock

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by NikLivs, Apr 18, 2016.

?

Do you like the new unlock behaviour?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. NikLivs

NikLivs New Member

Since I got the 2.16.17 firmware upgrade, the unlock behaviour for my Model X has changed. It used to be just getting close enough to the car with the key fob in my pocket would cause the car to unlock. I would have to be within about a foot. But since the update, I now have to physically push one of the buttons (either a door button or the trunk button) to unlock the car. Even worse, sometime the first push of the button only unlocks the car and I have to push it again to get the door to open.

Anyway else have this behaviour? Anyone like it better than the old way? I'm not sure what problem they were trying to solve but I wish I could go back to the previous method. I've spoken to some Model S owners and they do not have this new behaviour. But I have a friend with an X and he is seeing the same thing.

Anyway, just wanted to get a sense of what people think.

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Can you add an Unsure option? The jury is still out for me.

3. vangogh

vangogh Member

I would try changing the battery in your fob...seems like it's charge is getting low...
    No change in the auto present or unlock features since the latest upgrade for me...

4. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

This appears to be a bug, not a feature. See this thread:

Firmware 7.1

If you enable Auto-presenting front doors, do they work?

5. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Yes, but you are just about on top of the doors before they open, which could be a good thing.