Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW MODEL Y 18 inch at Tsportline?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These ?

Quite a bit more expensive than OP is paying, and I have high hopes of gun-metal instead of shiny black.

Yup, those are the ones I found. They have the same part number in Midnightsun's link too. The company seems like a Canadian Company, so probably that's why it's cheaper in Canada.

My guess is T Sportline uses them to manufacture the wheel. Similar to how MPP uses KW (and now eibach for their sways) to manufacturer their parts. They're spec'd differently from the default company offerings.

I ordered them from T Sportline, mounted on my MYP and they are great. I received my MYP in December last year. I mounted 19" wheels with winter tires and now I was searching for something I could use for the rest of the year. No way I would use these terrible 21" Uberturbines.
There is a significant comfort improvement even from my previous 19" wheels. I could finally go from 37 psi pressure to 39 psi (and still be more comfortable), which should also improve my range.

Reactions: IdaX
What can I say except they are good looking wheels? I have had 19" Spiders on the Y for 2 salt infested Montreal winters and they show no signs of cosmetic wear. They do say these wheels are winter approved so I assume that means the finish is on the better side when it comes to corrosion. Also have a set on the S since Jan however those were recently removed for summer tires. Prior to this I had a set of RTX wheels in a different model on a Mercedes GLC AMG for 5 years, sold the car and winter wheel setup a couple months ago and those wheels still looked great.
I tried looking up the spiders...found them with the link above but could not confirm on load rating...do you by any chance know if they are forged and the load rating?

Does Tsportline ever offer winter wheel packages? I only see all season tire options.
My plan is to keep the 21" Überturbine for summer use and then go with the new 18" for winter. Would be so much easier to just order a package deal with winter tires.
Yes, absolutely! We have a boat load of winter tires ordered - go to our website, the first drop-down menu is 'Winter Tires' - keep an eye here!

Does anybody know if these wheels (or similar) will show up through other resellers/brands ?
T Sportline wheels are only branded T Sportline - we do not private label our wheels. That said, we sell them directly on TSportline.com and we have many installer dealers across the country - so yes you can find resellers, but not other brands. Hit us up, we're happy to see who's in your area and help you with a proper setup and smoother install! [email protected]

The TSS wheels seem to be identical in every way to the RTX Spiders I have been using for a couple of years now. Both are flow forged, have the same offset and even the same load ratings. I would almost swear they came from the same factory. Only difference is the price and centre cap that I can see.

The RTX can be had for $611 USD for a set of 4 delivered whereas Tsportline TSS are $1600 for a set of 4, not sure if this includes delivery. Can you explain why I should pay close to $1,000 more for what I can only assume is somehow a vastly superior product? What makes them worth so much more?

I have the RTX Spiders in a 19" format for my winter wheels on both the Y and the S by the way. Very pleased with them. Considering going 18" on the Y for better comfort as opposed to the 20" Inductions for my summer set.

Here are the RTX Spider

Here are the Tsportline TSS
Nope. Definitely not the same wheels. RTX (and others) have tried to copy T Sportline. Also, be leery about internet photos - we've had inferior competitor copy cats take our photos from our website and doctor them up for use on their pages. Same goes for specs and descriptions, sadly. Regarding the designs, the barrel forming and spokes are different. The material and heat treat are different. The coatings are different. Basically, the T Sportline wheels are properly engineered for the proper load ratings for each respective model and TUV certified like an OEM wheel. Like everything else, you get what you pay.

Reactions: Suns_PSD
I did notice a difference, the TSS wheels will accept the factory Tesla nuts whereas the Spiders will not. Not sure I see this as a good thing as one would need to use those plastic nut covers on the Tesla nuts to cover the unfinished look. As for the Spiders, I ended up using this. Works great and looks great and does add some security.
Correct. T Sportline wheels are specifically engineering to fit the Tesla model they are intended for. Factory lugs, caps, TPMS - all Tesla spec.

I may be doing something wrong, but DiscountTire does not recognize the RTX spider 18" as compatible with the LR Model Y and I was unable to get a shipping cost or final price.
That usually indicates an inadequate load rating. Discount Tire, Tire Rack, etc - they most typically refuse to mount tires or wheels that don't match the vehicle safety specs.

Here is a set getting ready to ship to a customer, photo of one in the flesh ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7663 2.JPG
    IMG_7663 2.JPG
    616.1 KB · Views: 366