Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW MODEL Y 18 inch at Tsportline?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy moly?! After years of denying customers saying 18 inch will never fit over all model t variant…. Tsportline came out with an 18 inch for model y!!!!

I do agree with you … the 21s for me looks the best with the uberturbine… but with the meaty sidewalls it’s gonna be good
CD8728C4-856A-4B6C-AE09-0EC6F8C959B6.jpeg

I respect that… pure driving enthusiast will Defin agree with you… take the entire race track Division lol… don’t they run 18s as their standard wheel size for the best or performance grip and durability? But off track there… I’m serious debating to experiment here especially since it’s about 600 to 700 dollar cheaper than the Martian wheels and Tsportline has a solid reputation.

Reactions: MikeHawk
This is my big question: I can’t afford to buy two sets of 18s … I want one for winter one for summer. Which one to make the winter and tire, 18s vs 19… I saw the blizzak are about 300 -400 dollars cheaper on 18s to 19s but I haven’t made the comparison with summer:sport tires

21" TS5 wheels look really good on a Model Y, as it fills out the larger body well.

I'm tempted on picking up a set of these 18" wheels to try out and see how they compare to my 21" TS5 wheels (acceleration, braking, comfort, aesthetics, etc).

View attachment 800435
This is my current set up MYP … sold uberturbine for 2500 and picked up a set of Gemini with custom work ie plasti dip buy tpms about 1360 Defin saw a big bump in the efficiency with the same performance
I really like the look of the black Aero covers with the ring of silver (ok, aluminum). I’m still waiting for my MYP, but I already bought a set of Gemini with stock Aero covers. Your picture is motivating me to dip or wrap the covers as something to pass the time while waiting for my VIN! Thanks!

Reactions: Nam Vu
What size tires are appropriate for 18s?

According to these guys they using 245-50…. But they go a lot bigger with the winter tires 255-55 they disclose the speed is reduce as well if the speedometer saying 60 ur really going 58

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and FatherTo1

According to these guys they using 245-50…. But they go a lot bigger with the winter tires 255-55 they disclose the speed is reduce as well if the speedometer saying 60 ur really going 58
Thanks! I was browsing America’s Tire/Discount Tire and TireRack for 245/50/18. I like the idea of cushier sidewall but not seeing drastic savings, zero in the case of Turanza QuietTrack, compared to 19s. It would take possibly decades to break even on a set of new 18 wheels.

I can understand if you’re already in the market for a winter set of wheels, but I live on the West Coast where we rarely see temps below 40 F unless you head up into the mountains. What are other motivating factors for people to switch to 18s?

@iamnid !!! You might have an answer to my question!!! Does the tss, ts5 and tsv just differ in looks or is one more aerodynamic than the other?
I'm not entirely certain but I would imagine the more closed off the wheel, the better the efficiency. The TSVs look just like uberturbines so they're probably the most efficient of the three you listed. I went with TSTs which, to me, look like the wheels that came with the Model S and X originally. I noticed less efficiency compared to the Gemini's with covers but not sure how much of that is down to the wheel vs. stickier tires.

Reactions: Tezla041
Thanks! I was browsing America’s Tire/Discount Tire and TireRack for 245/50/18. I like the idea of cushier sidewall but not seeing drastic savings, zero in the case of Turanza QuietTrack, compared to 19s. It would take possibly decades to break even on a set of new 18 wheels.

I can understand if you’re already in the market for a winter set of wheels, but I live on the West Coast where we rarely see temps below 40 F unless you head up into the mountains. What are other motivating factors for people to switch to 18s?

Defin for a performance increase, theoretically at least, Florida roads are rough? The increases meat on the tire be great but how much improvement u get from going 19 to 18 may not be worth it compared to 21s to 19. I saw a big improvement going to 19s that maybe 3000 dollar wouldn’t justify the drop to 18s….supposedly u can shave half a second if u were really into cutting ur 0-60 time and doing a bunch of drag races at the raceway … that be cool … no sure if 3k is worth it though… lastly questionable range increase but u lose aerodynamic when u lose the covers so whether the weight saving and decrease rotation outweighs the decreases in aero.

I respect that… pure driving enthusiast will Defin agree with you… take the entire race track Division lol… don’t they run 18s as their standard wheel size for the best or performance grip and durability? But off track there… I’m serious debating to experiment here especially since it’s about 600 to 700 dollar cheaper than the Martian wheels and Tsportline has a solid reputation.

Yeah, I ordered Marian wheels at the end of March when Tsportline denied having 18's that would fit the model Y... less than a week later they announce they are available. I have been hearing horror stories about Martian wheels being delayed by months and months for some people. I was re-assured that they have fixed their supply problem and I will have mine by the end of May... if that doesn't happen I will cancel the order and get some Tsportline 18's if they can get them to me in a timely manor.

Keith